NOVA on now... Titanic & Concordia

RMM34667

• 10 months later...

I just watched this episode online at Nova's website. Lots of Carnival footage (for good and bad reasons). I think all cruises should watch it. Not to put them off from cruising, just so that they may be a little more prepared if something bad happens. Biggest thing I took away from all the accidents is that if your gut is saying something is very wrong, listen to it!

The whole show was fascinating from start to finish, especially the part with the guy that was on the Oceanos and the Achille Lauro!

After watching it I went to look up the island that the Costa Concordia had beached on and was amazed that you can see the ship in the satellite view on Google Maps. It's very weird. That captain needs to pushed off a ship at sea and not "accidentally" into a lifeboat.

I just watched this episode online at Nova's website. Lots of Carnival footage (for good and bad reasons). I think all cruises should watch it. Not to put them off from cruising, just so that they may be a little more prepared if something bad happens. Biggest thing I took away from all the accidents is that if your gut is saying something is very wrong, listen to it!

The whole show was fascinating from start to finish, especially the part with the guy that was on the Oceanos and the Achille Lauro!

After watching it I went to look up the island that the Costa Concordia had beached on and was amazed that you can see the ship in the satellite view on Google Maps. It's very weird. That captain needs to pushed off a ship at sea and not "accidentally" into a lifeboat.

Here is a link to the Giglio web cam.

http://www.giglionews.it/2010022440919/webcam/isola-del-giglio/webcam-giglio-porto-panoramica.html

Yes, and after watching it, next time I step on a cruise ship, I'm going to Guest Services and asking if Moss Hill is one of the entertainers on board.....If, so, I'm out..............hahahaha :D

No Doubt!! LOL

"The world asks, WHY?"

Interesting seeing the two captains split screened.

And the Ecstasy fire. It was also interesting seeing new footage of the Legend crash.

Good show! So it's the height we should now be worrying about. Makes sense.

Good show. I think since this first aired the captain has lost the credit given for beaching the ship. That credit now goes to an unusally strong on-shore breeze as the engine room flooded early in the disaster.

Archived