prices.....

kmbp66

OK...I have read on here about the prices of cruises DROP the closer you get to your sail date.....today I did a "mock" booking and the price is $310 more:eek:....how can this be ??? We sail in 17 days..just curious ??

If prices always dropped as the date got closer then people would always wait to book.

The prices on sailings that aren't selling very well will drop as the sailing date gets closer to attract more passengers and fill the cabins, and for those that are selling very well (e.g. more popular) then the price goes up to maximise revenue.

If they only have 2 balconys left on a certain deck - they will probably increase.

If they have 200 - might be time for a sale.

Another thing that affects price is what deck - figured on one cruise they wanted about $11 pp for each deck higher. They always advertise the lowest possible rate - inside lowest deck. So price increase might actually be a cabin a couple of decks up. Got to compare same cabin to same cabin to be sure.

OK...I have read on here about the prices of cruises DROP the closer you get to your sail date.....today I did a "mock" booking and the price is $310 more:eek:....how can this be ??? We sail in 17 days..just curious ??

Don't know where you read that, but it certainly isn't the case. Sometimes cruises get cheaper before sail, sometimes they stay the same, often they get more expensive. No way to know before hand.

Archived