Check out sand castle kids stuff from Camp Carnival

tnebell

Hi all, I will be sailing on the Liberty on the 26th May sailing. When we stop at HMC we're just planning on snorkeling and playing on the beach.

Does anyone know if Camp Carnival does a check out/lending program for sand castle/beach stuff for the kids?

I hate to pack all that stuff when I really don't need to, you know?

Any suggestions? Advice?

Thanks in advance!

I don't remember seeing this offer through CC. We've always brought our own from the dollar store. Beach ball (still in the package), sand molds, floats, and shovels don't take up much space, for $1 each, it's not a big deal to leave them behind.

Just DON'T pack any water cannons or squirt guns, as they will be confiscated when you board. Broke my daughter's heart last year on the Legend when the "mean old security guard" brought us into the naughty room to take away her Easter toys. :(

Hi all, I will be sailing on the Liberty on the 26th May sailing. When we stop at HMC we're just planning on snorkeling and playing on the beach.

Does anyone know if Camp Carnival does a check out/lending program for sand castle/beach stuff for the kids?

I hate to pack all that stuff when I really don't need to, you know?

Any suggestions? Advice?

Thanks in advance!

nope- the stuff needs to stay there.

and honestly never seen beach stuff in there

I don't remember seeing this offer through CC. We've always brought our own from the dollar store. Beach ball (still in the package), sand molds, floats, and shovels don't take up much space, for $1 each, it's not a big deal to leave them behind.

Just DON'T pack any water cannons or squirt guns, as they will be confiscated when you board. Broke my daughter's heart last year on the Legend when the "mean old security guard" brought us into the naughty room to take away her Easter toys. :(

I saw this happen before. I asked why they did it when it was obvious that if could not be mistaken for a real weapon and they said that is not why they take them, they said to imagine a ship or beach full of kids with water guns running around squirting everyone and everything...he had a good point...not that MOST kids would do this, but it would only take 1...

I saw this happen before. I asked why they did it when it was obvious that if could not be mistaken for a real weapon and they said that is not why they take them, they said to imagine a ship or beach full of kids with water guns running around squirting everyone and everything...he had a good point...not that MOST kids would do this, but it would only take 1...

I don't know about that. My little girl had little squirt animal toys in the bucket that weren't confiscated.

I think it depends on the security person. When my daughter emerged from the naughty room bawling her eyeballs out, a couple of Carnival employees asked what was wrong, and when we told them, they rolled their eyes and made a comment about security taking the job too far. :rolleyes:

They seem to be very inconsistent in this matter anyway. That same cruise, we saw a little boy in the pool with a water cannon, similar to the one my daughter had taken from her.

Oh well - it's become a family joke for us now. We tease my daughter about being the dangerous and hardened criminal, "Babyface W..." who began her hard life of crime at the age of 5. :p

we were on the liberty in march and when we went to hmc i asked at the desk where they lend out snorkel gear but they didnt have any. we got some plastic cups and beer buckets from the bar and my son and i did well with those. plus we found sticks, rocks, and nature on the beach. on hmc make sure you join the sand castle contest. all the kiddies win automatically (i didnt tell my son this) and they get a ship on a stick plus they show their pics on the morning show the next day!! it was really cool-big highlight for my son :) and me :D

Lol.....I kind of agree about how 1 squirt gun kid can ruin it all.

I believe in the new Chipmunks movie theres a scence with kids spraying everyone on the lido...:p

I meant the serenity deck......Dont want that to happen!:D

Archived