Chef Table?

hmwinter85

You'll get a little of everything. I think we got a salmon cake as an app and then later a piece of Sea Bass later. If you mention that you don't like/cant have fish before you dine then they might be able to make you something else. It's a TON of food. I promise you won't be starving if you miss the fish course!!

I also don't eat seafood and did the Chef's table in March on the Victory (was excellent).

The night before the dinner, the head chef will visit you at your MDR table and ask if you are allergic to anything. This is where I mentioned I do not eat seafood.

There were probably 3 dishes that were seafood based. Instead, the head chef substituted chicken or ham for the same dish (depending on the dish). All of those were very good.

The Chef's table was phenomenal on the Triumph this week. I don't drink wine, and so they had Diet Coke (my request) for me ready in the galley, and a large selection of different soft drinks to choose from in the library where we ate.

What I found that they really went above and beyond was a dish prepared in a wine reduction was prepared in a balsmic reduction for me. I hadn't thought they might do that!

The woman at our table who didn't eat fish got a chicken salad instead of ahi tuna on a cracker, cheese balls instead of calamari, and some sort of chicken instead of the chilean sea bass.

That said- I do not enjoy sea food and decided to be brave and try it all. I loved everything except the sea bass, which I think I may have eaten except I was getting really full and knew a steak was coming out- so I ate three bites. It was fishy, but at three bites, the most I have ever eaten... The ahi tuna was amazing!

I was at Chef's Table on the Ecstasy just yesterday. It was incredible. It sounds like you had an entirely different menu. We had no sea bass - instead there was salmon. There was an ahi tuna appetizer, but it wasn't on a cracker - it was on a lemon cookie type thing, and there was no calamari. This makes me think there are several menus out there - and THAT makes me want to do another. It was a perfect meal. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

I was at Chef's Table on the Ecstasy just yesterday. It was incredible. It sounds like you had an entirely different menu. We had no sea bass - instead there was salmon. There was an ahi tuna appetizer, but it wasn't on a cracker - it was on a lemon cookie type thing, and there was no calamari. This makes me think there are several menus out there - and THAT makes me want to do another. It was a perfect meal. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

iirc from pre-cruise planning there are two menus- an "old" menu and a "new" menu. The sea-bass is on the old menu along with a filet mignon. The new menu is the one with the wagyu beef short ribs- is that what you have?

I do like multiple menus though, as we are unlikely to do the same menu again, until we've done a number of cruises and need something special. For us $75pp is a treat (though I've talked to many who think it is 'nothing' for a dinner out, so mileage may vary.)

We were on the Star 4/1 out of Tampa. We enjoyed the Chef's table...the food was by far the best we have ever had on a cruise ship. We are at 27 cruises. The only slight change I would make is with th eveal. Because some people are not used to less than a well done piece of veal...we felt ours was over-cooked. The sea bass was really good...hubs is a Chef and I am a foodie. We loved it.

iirc from pre-cruise planning there are two menus- an "old" menu and a "new" menu. The sea-bass is on the old menu along with a filet mignon. The new menu is the one with the wagyu beef short ribs- is that what you have?

I do like multiple menus though, as we are unlikely to do the same menu again, until we've done a number of cruises and need something special. For us $75pp is a treat (though I've talked to many who think it is 'nothing' for a dinner out, so mileage may vary.)

Yes, the wagyu beef was delightful. It literally melts in your mouth. We also had salmon, cornish hen, and tuna banh mi.... and that only covers about one third of the menu. It was so, so good.

I also don't eat seafood and did the Chef's table in March on the Victory (was excellent).

The night before the dinner, the head chef will visit you at your MDR table and ask if you are allergic to anything. This is where I mentioned I do not eat seafood.

There were probably 3 dishes that were seafood based. Instead, the head chef substituted chicken or ham for the same dish (depending on the dish). All of those were very good.

I do not like seafood other than shrimp, not a steak eater, and not a dinner, so one would think that I would not enjoy it-they went out of their way and served me other things and I loved it so much that we did it 3 times and will do it on our next 2 cruises. Try to book before you go on ship through the Steakhouse MD. If you need help getting that info, here it is from another post:

For our cruise last year we booked a reservation at the steakhouse through the Carnival web site. Then we heard about the Chef's Table and wanted to do that too. I replied to the confirmation we had received for our steakhouse reservation and they were able to sign us up for the Chef's Table. It was great! I hope this helps:

Maitre d' - xxmaitred@carnival.com

Steakhouse - xxsteakhouse@carnival.com (for ships with a steakhouse)

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

FA Fantasy

FD Freedom

FS Fascination

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty