Epic- Teen Waiver

conandrob240

I am interested in obtaining a copy of the waiver form you complete on- board to allow a teen access to things like rock climbing wall, spider web, etc. Would someone be willing to bring one home and scan it?

I ma traveling with my nephew. I will of course have the proper paperwork- notes notarized by his parents, birth certificate, etc.

Will I have problems with the waiver since I am not his parent? I want him to be able to do everything he wants.

TIA

I am interested in obtaining a copy of the waiver form you complete on- board to allow a teen access to things like rock climbing wall, spider web, etc. Would someone be willing to bring one home and scan it?

I ma traveling with my nephew. I will of course have the proper paperwork- notes notarized by his parents, birth certificate, etc.

Will I have problems with the waiver since I am not his parent? I want him to be able to do everything he wants.

TIA

There is nothing to scan. The crew will be standing right by the rock wall with handheld computers. Its all computerized. They ask for your cabin number, and then you sign. That's it!

There is nothing to scan. The crew will be standing right by the rock wall with handheld computers. Its all computerized. They ask for your cabin number, and then you sign. That's it!

I believe what he's talking about is this:

For passengers under the age of 18 traveling with an accompanying adult, who is not the minor's parent or legal guardian, a PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT RELEASE FORM (PDF) that authorizes the minor's travel and further authorizes medical treatment in case of an emergency must be delivered to an NCL representative at the pier during check-in. Failure to produce this letter at embarkation may result in boarding being denied, with no refund of cruise fare provided.

I believe what he's talking about is this:

For passengers under the age of 18 traveling with an accompanying adult, who is not the minor's parent or legal guardian, a PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT RELEASE FORM (PDF) that authorizes the minor's travel and further authorizes medical treatment in case of an emergency must be delivered to an NCL representative at the pier during check-in. Failure to produce this letter at embarkation may result in boarding being denied, with no refund of cruise fare provided.

While the OP will need the form you've referenced, there is a separate waiver that has to be signed to use the rock climbing wall, which is what SissaaMomE is referring to.

I was talking about the rock climbing waiver. I didn't know if there was going to be an additional place there where the parent had to sign. It sounds like it will be fine. Once we have the paperwork to travel with him, it sounds like we can sign all this stuff on his behalf once we are on the ship. I just didn't know if his parents were needed to sign rock climbing waiver, etc.

Thanks!

I was talking about the rock climbing waiver. I didn't know if there was going to be an additional place there where the parent had to sign. It sounds like it will be fine. Once we have the paperwork to travel with him, it sounds like we can sign all this stuff on his behalf once we are on the ship. I just didn't know if his parents were needed to sign rock climbing waiver, etc.

Thanks!

That's correct - once you're onboard, you sign everything on his behalf.

FYI Waiver form take him on board is on their website, needs to be signed by both parents and you must have copies of their driver licenses. Does NOT need to be notarized.

Once on board you sign everything on their behalf as Sissamom said. I just got back last week from bringing my sons 15 year old friend. Went very smoothly.

The only extra suggestion I would make is have a notarized letter that gives you permission to make medical decisions on his behalf. NCL does not requirethis , but its a good idea and I have always asked it when I brought other children along with me. I brought it off at each port with me on the awful chance he would get hurt while off the ship.

In the garbage at the end of the cruise unused!!! But it is good to have just in case....

With the proper paperwork to get on the cruise, this makes you his legal guardian while on the cruise. To make sure it all runs smoothly have your sibling specifically put in the letter that you are to be given the power to make the decisions as his legal guardian while on the cruise. Make sure to have this letter notorized , then keep a copy of it with you while on the cruise, in case of any questions. These steps although could be seen as going above what is required, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Yes, I will do this. My situation is very complicated so I am very nervous. He only has one legal parent. His father, my BIL, has sole legal custody. His biological morher is out of the picture. My sister has raisd him from birth but is not a legal parent. So, we'll have nephew's passport, a letter from his father granting me guardianship & ability to make medical decisions ( notarized) while traveling, form from NCL signed by his father, copy of his father's passport and a copy of the final custody decree granting him sole custody. Am I forgetting anything?

Yes, I will do this. My situation is very complicated so I am very nervous. He only has one legal parent. His father, my BIL, has sole legal custody. His biological morher is out of the picture. My sister has raisd him from birth but is not a legal parent. So, we'll have nephew's passport, a letter from his father granting me guardianship & ability to make medical decisions ( notarized) while traveling, form from NCL signed by his father, copy of his father's passport and a copy of the final custody decree granting him sole custody. Am I forgetting anything?

Only to relax and have fun!!! dont worry seriously...they barely glanced at the paperwork...And once I was on board I never needed it again...You are a wonderful aunt!

Thank you! They scrutinized it on DCL- they only require one parent's signature but i was still a nervous wreck until we walked on the ship. I worry most about having to tell his story at check in in front of him ( he knows he has a biological mom but not all the yucky details) but if it came to that my husband will step away with him.

Thanks again. I'll try to relax.

Archived