Vancouver to Whistler Question

We are in port in Vancouver on Sunday 5/20. Wanted to hop off the ship first thing in the AM, rent a car for the day and drive up to Whistler. We drove up there a few years ago precruise for an overnight stay and loved it. As I recall it was a little under 2 hours each way and a beautiful drive. We also loved the gondola ride up the mtn after we arrived in Whistler.

Is this a doable plan for a 1 day trip? Also I am having a hard time locating car rental agencies near Canada Place....any suggestions?

Thanks

We are in port in Vancouver on Sunday 5/20. Wanted to hop off the ship first thing in the AM, rent a car for the day and drive up to Whistler. We drove up there a few years ago precruise for an overnight stay and loved it. As I recall it was a little under 2 hours each way and a beautiful drive. We also loved the gondola ride up the mtn after we arrived in Whistler.

Is this a doable plan for a 1 day trip? Also I am having a hard time locating car rental agencies near Canada Place....any suggestions?

Thanks

Most of the downtown locations are within a few blocks of Canada Place; and in cruise season a lot of them even have kiosks at the dock (seems to change year to year). I would get the phone number for the 'downtown' location for each company you might use and just call them.

Yes it is doable in a day and with the improcved highway thanks to the Olympics a much more pleasant drive and without stops and there are many along the way that you could stop at you will be there in two hours.

There is also n ow the new Peak to Peak chair which takes you across from Whistler to Blackcomb.

Cheers

Dennis

As pointed out above it is a very doable trip. They are not showing any car rentals at Canada Place presently except for National which is located permanently in the lobby of the Pan Pacific hotel which forms part of Canada Place. In my minds eye the next closest would be the Avis location in the 700 blk of Hornby St. & then Budget in the 400 blk of W. Georgia St. I believe that all of the companies will shuttle you to their locations.

Archived