Jewel Cruises

sunshine 229

Does anyone else find NCL's website highly annoying?

Not as much as RCLs with the music blasting when you login :eek:

No question the site could use an upgrade. It is not easy to navigate but I have become quite comfortable with it and can find more details on cabins there then anywhere.

It is not uncommon for wrong info to appear from time to time. They did make much better use of it during the "wave" to keep the public informed then they had in the past.

They continue to take giant steps forward with their ships and little baby steps with the land based operations including the website.

They continue to take giant steps forward with their ships and little baby steps with the land based operations including the website.

Absolutely. Our experiences onboard NCL ships have been fantastic, and we love freestyle, which is why we put up with the slow pace of improvement on their site. Think what they could do if they tried...!

Sunshine...I know what you're talking about...but...I called Latitiudes last nite to get my numbers (I misplaced them) and thought I would ask about the fall cruise on the Jewel while I was there. I definitely wanted a room with a balcony...preferably a mini...and I was able to go at ANYTIME. The only thing available was a "BA" which is a room with a balcony...somewhat smaller than a mini...or...some of the really expensive suites...which didn't fit in my budget right now. I took the BA....and I'm glad I called when I did. She said the ship was almost fully booked for all 3 cruises. I did find that on-line discount price sites did show some rooms...but you would have to book on-line which I hesitate to do. If you want the names of those where I found cabins...leave me your e-mail and I'll get it to you asap. You might try callint NCL directly...or if you've sailed before...call the LaTITUDES #. THEY WERE WONDERFUL.

I hope I've been some help. BTW...I'm on the last sail....Oct. 21-Nov. 1.

Good luck to you...I hope you find something.

I just looked at NCL.com and saw minisuites are available on the Oct 21 sailing of the Jewel. We are also booked on that cruise, in a minisuite, made the reservation about three weeks ago. I did notice the price was higher now by about $300 each.

al

Sunshine...I know what you're talking about...but...I called Latitiudes last nite to get my numbers (I misplaced them) and thought I would ask about the fall cruise on the Jewel while I was there. I definitely wanted a room with a balcony...preferably a mini...and I was able to go at ANYTIME. The only thing available was a "BA" which is a room with a balcony...somewhat smaller than a mini...or...some of the really expensive suites...which didn't fit in my budget right now. I took the BA....and I'm glad I called when I did. She said the ship was almost fully booked for all 3 cruises. I did find that on-line discount price sites did show some rooms...but you would have to book on-line which I hesitate to do. If you want the names of those where I found cabins...leave me your e-mail and I'll get it to you asap. You might try callint NCL directly...or if you've sailed before...call the LaTITUDES #. THEY WERE WONDERFUL.

I hope I've been some help. BTW...I'm on the last sail....Oct. 21-Nov. 1.

Good luck to you...I hope you find something.

Thank you all for your help. I'm looking into the cruises but will have to wait a bit longer to book. My son is deciding between two different universities for next year. One has high fees, high residence costs and very little scholorship dollars.

The other has more reasonable fees, less expensive residences and is offering him a nice scholarship. Depending on which he choses we may or may not have money for this cruise. Still we want to let him have the choice so I'm going to wait till the middle of June to know.

Archived