Jewel Cruises

sunshine 229

I have been trying to get some information about the Jewel maybe to sail this fall. When I go to the NCL site and do a search it is telling me there is nothing available for October 2005.

I know it is a new ship so maybe everyone has booked it up but it seems odd that nothing is coming up.

Is this because they are sold out or are there no dates posted yet or am I doing something wrong. Can anyone tell me when this ship is starting to sail?

I have been trying to get some information about the Jewel maybe to sail this fall. When I go to the NCL site and do a search it is telling me there is nothing available for October 2005.

I know it is a new ship so maybe everyone has booked it up but it seems odd that nothing is coming up.

Is this because they are sold out or are there no dates posted yet or am I doing something wrong. Can anyone tell me when this ship is starting to sail?

The Jewel is doing Canada in Oct. Make sure you select any destination on the booking engine of selecting Canada for Itineraries.

There were only 2 Oct cruises the 10th and 21st - They may in fact be sold out it is the peak of leaf peeper season :)

I did select october and any destination, would it just say something like 'no cruises available' if they were sold out?

I can go to a travel agent I guess and try to find out there. So far Ive done warm cruises and I thought a fall color cruise would be a nice change.

I did select october and any destination, would it just say something like 'no cruises available' if they were sold out?

I can go to a travel agent I guess and try to find out there. So far Ive done warm cruises and I thought a fall color cruise would be a nice change.

Thats the page you get if they are sold out. Check back my Sept Jewel cruise was the same for about 6 weeks and then additional cabins openned last week.

Actually I believe NCL's reservation system is having trouble. Just got off the phone w/ one of their agents & was advised that the system is not showing ANY sailings on the Jewel. Nothing... from Aug. 2005- May 2006. Supposedly they have upper mgmt working on the situation right now.

We've been considering a Jewel cruise, though we are now focused on leaving from Miami, so I checked one of my TA sites for the October dates, and found the site showing a limited set of cabin types available, but it sure looked like they had some open.

Good luck!

We're excited about the new ship, having been on the Star once, and the Dawn three times. We especially like that many of the highly rated staff from the Dawn will be starting off on the Jewel. Same thing happened on the Dawn, as it was like "old home week", seeing so many familiar faces from our Star cruise the year before.

Actually I believe NCL's reservation system is having trouble. Just got off the phone w/ one of their agents & was advised that the system is not showing ANY sailings on the Jewel. Nothing... from Aug. 2005- May 2006. Supposedly they have upper mgmt working on the situation right now.

Maybe just maybe they are loading the 2006+ itineraries and if has rumored the Jewel is going back to Europe they need to remove the the repo cruise to the west coast add a crossing and all the new itineraries.

Time will tell - Many times with NCL it is like a good who done it novel. We try and guess the ending and they provide the twists in the plot. :)

I did a quick check Sept - Nov and nothing is showing up - thanks Niya for the update.

Maybe just maybe they are loading the 2006+ itineraries and if has rumored the Jewel is going back to Europe they need to remove the the repo cruise to the west coast add a crossing and all the new itineraries.

Time will tell - Many times with NCL it is like a good who done it novel. We try and guess the ending and they provide the twists in the plot. :)

I did a quick check Sept - Nov and nothing is showing up - thanks Niya for the update.

I agree... I love the suspense!:D

No problem, anytime!

I think the Jewel would be great in Europe

I see that NCL has a couple of job openings available in NJ, hmmm:D

I see that NCL has a couple of job openings available in NJ, hmmm:D

I saw that and we think passenger complain about the food now imagine me with the following responsibilities.

Fully responsible for the preparation of salads, appetizers, cold main courses, cold canapes, terrines, pates, cold trays, platters, cold soups, sauces and dressings in accordance to the main restaurant menu cycle and room-service, and by following recipes, methods and pictures.

How much Ketchup goes into the cold tomato soup :eek:

I saw that and we think passenger complain about the food now imagine me with the following responsibilities.

Fully responsible for the preparation of salads, appetizers, cold main courses, cold canapes, terrines, pates, cold trays, platters, cold soups, sauces and dressings in accordance to the main restaurant menu cycle and room-service, and by following recipes, methods and pictures.

How much Ketchup goes into the cold tomato soup :eek:

HOW FUNNY!:D :p

How about the other one? I could see you

Observe and report 'live' surveillance while walking around the ship in both passenger and crew areas, as well as listening to any comments passengers or crew may have to offer.

Have a well-developed understanding of the operation and management of CCTV recording and monitoring equipment.

Conduct real time monitoring of Ship/passenger/crew Safety and Security, and compliance with SEMS and other policies and procedures.

Immediately report to the bridge any real time security and safety observations that may place the ship, passengers, or crew in jeopardy.

Conduct retrospective reviews of incidents or accidents relating to the ship/crew/passengers.

Observe and report 'live' surveillance while walking around the ship in both passenger and crew areas, as well as listening to any comments passengers or crew may have to offer.

Have a well-developed understanding of the operation and management of CCTV recording and monitoring equipment.

Conduct real time monitoring of Ship/passenger/crew Safety and Security, and compliance with SEMS and other policies and procedures.

Immediately report to the bridge any real time security and safety observations that may place the ship, passengers, or crew in jeopardy.

Conduct retrospective reviews of incidents or accidents relating to the ship/crew/passengers.

I guess part of my job would be too watch for freak waves :D Not sure how much fun it would be to have a job as the ship snitch :eek: I bet some of the tapes would be very interesting however :cool:

I agree... I love the suspense!:D

No problem, anytime!

I think the Jewel would be great in Europe

I love it when I guess the ending of the story:

This message was in the body of an online survey NCL sent out this morning.

In the summer of 2006, Norwegian Jewel will offer a brand new 7-day Western Mediterranean itinerary sailing roundtrip from Barcelona, Spain. The proposed itinerary will feature a number of Mediterranean favorites in France and Italy including Nice, Rome, Naples, Florence and Pisa. We are also considering one additional port on this itinerary.

Looks like no Panama Canal for me :) on to plan *B*

We book an AF mini-suite for 11/6 for under $900 pp. I found this price on an internet web site and my TA matched the price. I check back periodically to see if the price as dropped (it hasn't it's at $1300 right now) but I haven't been able to pull up the cruise on the website the same way I did before. I used to pull it up by date. Now if I do that, there are no cruises listed for the Jewel.

But...if you do a search by cruise line (NCL) it WILL pull it up. I think you just need to mess with it a little more.

I'm booked on the Jewel on 4/9/06. Booked it from my balcony coming into New York on the Dawn:) Taking full advantage of the 50% discount and refund:D My t/a called and my credit was credited today, automatically.(1/2 the fare of the Dawn trip and 1/2 of the port charges) I love when a plan comes together.

We book an AF mini-suite for 11/6 for under $900 pp.

erby,

I didn't get as good of a price as you for my balcony, but it doesn't matter. I'm going on another cruise:D

p.s. I'm not counting my credits

I do most of these things already, but didn't know they would pay me for it! I wonder if they would hire us for like 4 one week stints. We could form a nice staff from the board, maybe 12 of us to cover the year.

I nominate Shoreguy to get on it, right away. Put me in for one of the E. Caribbean Jewel weeks in Nov.

:D :p

I do most of these things already, but didn't know they would pay me for it! I wonder if they would hire us for like 4 one week stints. We could form a nice staff from the board, maybe 12 of us to cover the year.

I nominate Shoreguy to get on it, right away. Put me in for one of the E. Caribbean Jewel weeks in Nov.

:D :p

I am thinking of a job more like the greeter at a Walmart. :D We could rotate and wander the ship and make sure everyone is happy. We could be the onboard CC liason.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I'm probably out of luck for the Jewel this October but this weekend I'll go on an internet agency and see what I can find. I usually bargain hunt for a cruise but since i heard that there are not so many good discounts out there these days I thought I might try to pick the ship first rather than just go by price.

I don't care so much about the ports just want a nice cruise experience so if I can't get the fall color itinerary I'll look for something else.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I'm probably out of luck for the Jewel this October but this weekend I'll go on an internet agency and see what I can find. I usually bargain hunt for a cruise but since i heard that there are not so many good discounts out there these days I thought I might try to pick the ship first rather than just go by price.

I don't care so much about the ports just want a nice cruise experience so if I can't get the fall color itinerary I'll look for something else.

Those Oct. sailings are back are back on the NCL booking engine online. I guess they fixed the problem:)

Sunshine229: I know that the December cruises on the Jewel are all up today when I checked.

MA 2 VA: Great! I so glad you were able to use your credits on the Jewel. A GREAT savings there!! I booked our cruise the New Years week-end for December. I got a BA bacony for 2 for 1558.00 including all taxes. The prices have got up 1000.00 since then. I booked on a cruise internet site. We are so excited to be sailing on a nice new ship.

I finally found a site that had the fall Jewel cruises and there do seem to be cabins available not every category but enough to chose from.

I have another question now. My geography is weak but the itinerary shows the Jewel taking 2 days to get from Quebec to Nove Sscotia but only one day to get from there to St. Thomas. Thast doesn't sound right. I was surprised to even see St. Thomas on a Canada and New England cruise. Can anyone explain that?

I finally found a site that had the fall Jewel cruises and there do seem to be cabins available not every category but enough to chose from.

I have another question now. My geography is weak but the itinerary shows the Jewel taking 2 days to get from Quebec to Nove Sscotia but only one day to get from there to St. Thomas. Thast doesn't sound right. I was surprised to even see St. Thomas on a Canada and New England cruise. Can anyone explain that?

No St Thomas on any fall itinerary - just St. John and not the one in the USVI :)

Archived