Say goodbye to DODs and Hurricane cups

dotshub

Reporting that your ship had Hurricane glasses is about as exciting and newsworthy as reporting that your ship had toilet paper

Of course they had hurricane glasses....unless on a 2.0 updated ship

I expect to see hurricane glasses in Alaska ...since Spirit is not a 2.0 ship

I do hope they will have the blowfish even tho it is not tropical there and I hope they have the disco ball

I personally never doubted that people were reporting correctly...I just wondered why they bothered to "report' a non happening at all??

ship is NOT 2.0 - ship has hurricane glasses

ship IS 2.0 no hurricane glasses but lot of other choices, some new ones

simple isn't it??

yes, i can see that if two people are on the SAME sailing.

but for someone to discount someone elses experience that was not on board at the same time, just for the fact that they didn't see it on THEIR ship or THEIR week, to just automatically discount someones experience from reporting it, is just ignorant.

I have seen two people on the exact same sailing have diametrically opposed experiences. They did not share a cabin steward, waiter, dining time. They did different excursions, ordered different foods, participated in different activites. One loved their cruise ,the other thought is was so-so at best. Which one of you guys gets to decide who is being truthful and who is lying.

Reporting that your ship had Hurricane glasses is about as exciting and newsworthy as reporting that your ship had toilet paper

Of course they had hurricane glasses....unless on a 2.0 updated ship

I expect to see hurricane glasses in Alaska ...since Spirit is not a 2.0 ship

I do hope they will have the blowfish even tho it is not tropical there and I hope they have the disco ball

I personally never doubted that people were reporting correctly...I just wondered why they bothered to "report' a non happening at all??

ship is NOT 2.0 - ship has hurricane glasses

ship IS 2.0 no hurricane glasses but lot of other choices, some new ones

simple isn't it??

Very simple: this thread was about DOD and hurricane cups so people were responding to that topic based on their various experiences.

• 3 weeks later...

Have the Red Frog Tervis glasses been rolled out yet. I just looked through loads of posts on this thread and haven't seen anyone mention the cost yet? Anyone know how much they cost with a drink?

Just got off the Dream, and as of this week, they no longer have the Drinks of the Day or the big plastic hurricane cups they used for them.

Instead they have a "Daily Drink Special", which is in a smaller glass, at a "sale" price of $7.55 or 7.75. No more discount for refills. Another Carnival tradition bites the dust after 35 years.

Very sad.

Just got off the Valor and they had both the Drink of the Day and the hurricane cups. Could it be something they're testing?

Have the Red Frog Tervis glasses been rolled out yet. I just looked through loads of posts on this thread and haven't seen anyone mention the cost yet? Anyone know how much they cost with a drink?

Just got off the Magic yesterday, and the people at the Red Frog Pub looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they had the Tervis glasses.

They only had the glass beer glasses. :(

I think John Heald mentioned in his blog that when they do have them, they'll be $24.95.

On a lighter note, if you want a laugh, today I decided to go to Goodwill on my lunchbreak to see how many Hurricane Glasses I could find. Guess what I found? An actual glass Hurricane Glass. Yes I bought it because I am a giant nerd. I also got into a discussion with the cashier about how Carnival doesnt sell these anymore and they are about to get rid of the plastic ones now. Blank stare back at me.

I have to remember that discussions of Hurricane Glasses outside of Cruise Critic will cause questions of sanity to the outside world. :rolleyes:

And I found 4 large pieces of "glass" stemware at a yard sale for 50 cents each. Didn't need them, but couldn't resist.

Archived