Say goodbye to DODs and Hurricane cups

dotshub

Alright, the new glasses are SO much better. I will HAVE to have a Tervis tumbler from the Red Frog Rum bar. I won't be going on a 2.0 ship anytime soon, so hopefully I can find one on Ebay.

the generic look to them make me think they can roll these out corp wide, except those with a logo.

but they look exactly like the ones i had at hunan village last wednesday night.

150780_386077188101515_144285012280735_1091906_2091408347_n.jpg

529754_386079514767949_144285012280735_1091911_725278572_n.jpg

I could give or take the tiki ones although I am sure I would buy two just to have them. But, I LOVE the Tervis ones and wish they would put a whole line of Carnival Tervis out.

I love love the new cups

If you really want a Hurricane cup, go on NCL, they have them

some beach bars in Fort Lauderdale have them or a version of them

No big deal

I like the new cups and I can't wait to buy some

The Tervis will be a "keeper" JMO

This thread is just another reason not to use the Cruise Citric boards for correct cruise information.:D
Yeah but this thread is a fine example of why CC is so entertaining.

This thread is also a good example of why the Carnival board on CC is so great. Thank you all.:D

This thread is also a good example of why the Carnival board on CC is so great. Thank you all.:D

13 pages about a cheap plastic booze cup.

And still the information was wrong.

Entertaining, maybe.

Real correct cruise information, of course not.

Thank god for Twitter, Facebook, and the blogs.

As well as a number of fine travel sites.

I bet the "Beards" and JH were sitting back just LFAO.

Hey, watch this. We're going to run out of stock on the current glasses. Let's let the ship have no glasses for a week, and let's watch Cruise Critic go Ape ***** for a week or so....

Then,,we'll introduce the new glasses :D:D:D

the generic look to them make me think they can roll these out corp wide, except those with a logo.

but they look exactly like the ones i had at hunan village last wednesday night.

150780_386077188101515_144285012280735_1091906_2091408347_n.jpg

529754_386079514767949_144285012280735_1091911_725278572_n.jpg

What's with the Hawaiian theme? I'd rather have something else considering the Bahamas and Caribbean are the major destinations for Carnival.

I could give or take the tiki ones although I am sure I would buy two just to have them. But, I LOVE the Tervis ones and wish they would put a whole line of Carnival Tervis out.

I would like to see a full line of these as well. Maybe they will appear in the gift shop. If anyone sees them let us know DOD pricing or if there are variations other than blue iguana or red frog.

13 pages about a cheap plastic booze cup.

And still the information was wrong.

Entertaining, maybe.

Real correct cruise information, of course not.

Thank god for Twitter, Facebook, and the blogs.

As well as a number of fine travel sites.

actually, they had it wrong too.

in fact, those that think they speak for carnival, tried to make most that we're stating the cups were gone on their specific sailing look like fools, as usual.

as much as they think they were in the know, they were not.

actually, they had it wrong too.

in fact, those that think they speak for carnival, tried to make most that we're stating the cups were gone on their specific sailing look like fools, as usual.

as much as they think they were in the know, they were not.

Who is "they"?

BTW most of the places I go for real correct cruise information were not even talking about plastic booze glasses.

But a very important issue on Cruise Critic.:D

Who is "they"?

BTW most of the places I go for real correct cruise information were not even talking about plastic booze glasses.

But a very important issue on Cruise Critic.:D

they is the group of people that weren't on a cruise on the ships that the people that were, who were posting their experiences.

to me, i put more credibility in the person that was actually on a ship and posting, than the person that wasn't, stating what was just posted is not true. and was not surprised to find out the latter group was wrong.

I'm looking forward to returning miracle cruisers stating they had comedians in the mdr every sea day morning, and other posters cruising a different ship stating there was no such thing.

the days of having the same exact experience on every single ship on carnival are gone. and even more confusing.

they is the group of people that weren't on a cruise on the ships that the people that were, who were posting their experiences.

to me, i put more credibility in the person that was actually on a ship and posting, than the person that wasn't, stating what was just posted is not true. and was not surprised to find out the latter group was wrong.

I'm looking forward to returning miracle cruisers stating they had comedians in the mdr every sea day morning, and other posters cruising a different ship stating there was no such thing.

the days of having the same exact experience on every single ship on carnival are gone. and even more confusing.

My problem is this.

I have done 14 Carnival cruise from 2005 to March 2012.

I don't how many times I have read post on Cruise Critic about cruises I have been on that have been misleading or downright incorrect.

And what's wrong with every ship being a little different?

I'm looking for good, factual cruise information without all the personal agendas and bad manners so common on Cruise Critic.

My problem is this.

I don't how many times I have read post on Cruise Critic about cruises I have been on that have been misleading or downright incorrect.

I'm looking for good, factual cruise information without all the personal agendas and bad manners so common on Cruise Critic.

Just wondering where you get this "truth" you are looking for,for anything. Tripadvisor for hotels? Rotten Tomato for movies? Wikipedia for anything?

Not disagreeing with your observation "I don't how many times I have read post on Cruise Critic about cruises I have been on that have been misleading or downright incorrect"

True true.

Still CC is a possible source of information and a definite source of entertainment.

Just wondering where you get this "truth" you are looking for,for anything. Tripadvisor for hotels? Rotten Tomato for movies? Wikipedia for anything?

Not disagreeing with your observation "I don't how many times I have read post on Cruise Critic about cruises I have been on that have been misleading or downright incorrect"

True true.

Still CC is a possible source of information and a definite source of entertainment.

The key word here is CORRECT information.

I take it where I can find it including once in awhile on Cruise Critic.

My problem is this.

yes, i can see that if two people are on the SAME sailing.

but for someone to discount someone elses experience that was not on board at the same time, just for the fact that they didn't see it on THEIR ship or THEIR week, to just automatically discount someones experience from reporting it, is just ignorant.

I have read reviews of sailings that I have been on and not had the same experience~sometimes it is about perspective! But like other message boards 20% information and 80% entertainment~personally I will look at several sites if I am actually trying to make a decision ie: hotels, parking, excursions. CC is my guilty pleasure!!!!!

Don't have the complete price list, but have found out that the Tiki cups are ceramic and believed to be around 16 ounces or so ( I think the old ones were 12 ounces maybe?)...they sell for the inital shock of around $20 with the drink and extra liquor...not sure how much without the extra liquor, this was info from someone that bought one...

yes, i can see that if two people are on the SAME sailing.

but for someone to discount someone elses experience that was not on board at the same time, just for the fact that they didn't see it on THEIR ship or THEIR week, to just automatically discount someones experience from reporting it, is just ignorant.

Of course I'm not discounting anyones experience.

Facts are facts.

I'm not talking experience I'm talking facts.

When you have the facts wrong there is not a lot of grey area.

Of course it seems like you can post just about anything you want on Cruise Critic.

On a lighter note, if you want a laugh, today I decided to go to Goodwill on my lunchbreak to see how many Hurricane Glasses I could find. Guess what I found? An actual glass Hurricane Glass. Yes I bought it because I am a giant nerd. I also got into a discussion with the cashier about how Carnival doesnt sell these anymore and they are about to get rid of the plastic ones now. Blank stare back at me.

I have to remember that discussions of Hurricane Glasses outside of Cruise Critic will cause questions of sanity to the outside world. :rolleyes:

The only cup I would want is the Monkey-head... and that's only for bribery purposes with future grandchildren. I've tossed enough Hurricane glasses (Pat O'Brien's dates) to make their acquisition unappealing. The tiki cups don't do it for me... so looking forward to the new designs.

Archived