Maiden Call Eurodam in Funchal

abcdefgggggh

We loved this port - got two days here on the Maasdam on a TA - arranged some "levada" walking with a local tour company who picked us up individually at the ship - ours was a full day walking trip into the lush mountains and waterways but they have half day walking trips too.

Unique on Madeira and if you like to hike and see natural environment up close and personal, research "levada" walks and see what you might be able to put together for a day trip. http://www.madeira-levada-walks.com/walks.html

After our hike was over, the little tour bus started dropping people off at their hotels but when the bus drove to port and the lovely Maasdam, everyone on the bus roared in delight when they saw this ship was our "hotel". Fun day.

Glad you're getting to see the beautiful island.

I'm sad because my first time there I walked to town and back, the second time the cruiseline had a shuttle.

Last time, on HAL, an incorrect announcement was made that there was no bus service from the end of the dock, and I can't walk miles anymore so I missed the places I wanted to go. :mad:

3 cruiselines, one big disappointment.

Archived