Halaekala Sunrise Tour & Wailea Beach Tour

welove2cruisedou

Aloha, I was wondering if it is possible to do the Halaekala Sunrise Tour and get back to the ship in time to do the Wailea Beach Tour? Or go to Wailea Beach first then do the Halaekala Sunset Tour? Really want to do both, hoping one tour gets back in time to catch the next tour. Will be sailing on the Pride of America. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo:confused:

If you rent a car, it can easily be done. You go at your own time and pace.

If you want to take two different tours, then it depends on when the first tour gets back, and you leave enough time for contingency between that and the start time of the next tour -- unless both are booked through the ship then if the first one gets back late at least you won't be charged for missing the second one.

Middleager-thanks for the reply. Both shore excursions are threw the ships excursions. On NCL website it says the Haleakala tour last 6 hours, so if I get back to the ship by 9 and the next tour to the beach doesnt leave until 10:45 I am hoping there would be plenty of time to get back from one in order to do the other. If my husband decided to drive, what car rental do you recommend and would they provide a GPS? Thanks.:)

Middleager-thanks for the reply. Both shore excursions are threw the ships excursions. On NCL website it says the Haleakala tour last 6 hours, so if I get back to the ship by 9 and the next tour to the beach doesnt leave until 10:45 I am hoping there would be plenty of time to get back from one in order to do the other. If my husband decided to drive, what car rental do you recommend and would they provide a GPS? Thanks.:)

There're lots of car rental companies at Kahului. They don't provide GPS unless you ask and pay for it. Or bring one yourself.

During a cruise, I wouldn't do the sunrise tour because it messes up your sleep time. If I was only a land vacation staying for many days then it's ok. But on a cruise it can affect sleep for a few days. But that's me.

For car rentals, try

discounthawaiicarrental.com or hawaiicarrentals.com

Archived