Cheap hotel near Port of Miami....

bobbycruiser

Ok, so I have been on all the online travel sites (expedia/travelocity/kayak/priceline) and finding a hotel for one night before our upcoming cruise is becoming a pain in the butt. I need a room for 1 night, maybe 12 hours max to sleep the night before our cruise (check in may 17th and check out may 18th.)

anyway, here are my questions....

1.) Are there any hotels that are under $100 for the night that are clean and don't have hideous reviews from online travel sites?

2.) Is it best to try to book now (24 days out, or should i wait til i get closer and try to get a last minute rate? or does that even matter with regard to price?

and 3.) Does anybody have any recommendations at all? haha. This is the only part of my entire vacation that is not already booked and paid for and its starting to stress me out a little.

thanx in advance to any who respond:)

If you want lower cost, stay at one of the many "airport" hotels. They'll provide shuttle from the airport. Look at hotwire.com and you'll find some with good numbers of reviews. Also research on lastminutetravel.com

If you go to betterbidding.com, and find the hotwire hotel list for Florida/Miami, you can figure out the hotels being offered on hotwire by comparing amenities, star level etc.

With Lmt, you can call and get the hotel name and sometimes a lower cost.

Be careful however NOT to automatically take the lowest cost hotel in the Miami area. Some can be pretty seedy. RESEARCH will save you a disaster.

Your date will be easy to find vacancies at lower rates. If you need more help, come on back.

La Quinta East near MIA offers free airport shuttles and also free shuttle service to POM; the hotel gets mixed reviews on both these boards and on Tripadvisor, but seems good enough for lots of cruisers looking for just a clean room.

Taxi from POM back to MIA airport after your cruise will cost a flat rate fare of $24+tip for the 15+ minute ride. Good luck! :)

I was stressed about this too, and after lots of research, booked the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North (note full name of hotel) for our pre-cruise stay on 5/11/12. It's a brand new property, opened in December 2011 and has lots of positive reviews on several hotel websites. Not much in the surrounding area, but we just want a place to crash for the night before our cruise. Originally booked directly with Choice Hotels then found a lower price on LMT so cancelled and re-booked, paid $80-something total for the night. They offer free shuttle from the airport and to the ship, but if impatience gets the better of us, we may just cab it.

Worth checking out, good luck with your search!

I was stressed about this too, and after lots of research, booked the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North (note full name of hotel) for our pre-cruise stay on 5/11/12. It's a brand new property, opened in December 2011 and has lots of positive reviews on several hotel websites. Not much in the surrounding area, but we just want a place to crash for the night before our cruise. Originally booked directly with Choice Hotels then found a lower price on LMT so cancelled and re-booked, paid $80-something total for the night. They offer free shuttle from the airport and to the ship, but if impatience gets the better of us, we may just cab it.

Worth checking out, good luck with your search!

I checked out this hotel and was just amazed at the price - sounded too good to be true - then I checked further and found it to be NO SMOKING - 100% smoke free. We are smokers so of course could not book. Any ideas for something similar for smokers?

Ok, so I have been on all the online travel sites (expedia/travelocity/kayak/priceline) and finding a hotel for one night before our upcoming cruise is becoming a pain in the butt. I need a room for 1 night, maybe 12 hours max to sleep the night before our cruise (check in may 17th and check out may 18th.)

anyway, here are my questions....

1.) Are there any hotels that are under $100 for the night that are clean and don't have hideous reviews from online travel sites?

2.) Is it best to try to book now (24 days out, or should i wait til i get closer and try to get a last minute rate? or does that even matter with regard to price?

and 3.) Does anybody have any recommendations at all? haha. This is the only part of my entire vacation that is not already booked and paid for and its starting to stress me out a little.

thanx in advance to any who respond:)

If you look at http://www.lastminutetravel.com there is a 4.5* hotel for $96 for May 17th. It is the downtown Hyatt which is very close to the Port of Miami.

I checked out this hotel and was just amazed at the price - sounded too good to be true - then I checked further and found it to be NO SMOKING - 100% smoke free. We are smokers so of course could not book. Any ideas for something similar for smokers?

La Quinta East offers smoking rooms. Good luck! :)

The Sleep Inn Miami Airport also offer smoking rooms. They have decent reviews and the rates are pretty good too.

Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West also offers smoking rooms albeit thier rates are slightly higher.

Another Miami smoking hotel is the Homewood Suites Miami Airport.

Good luck

:)

Archived