Explorer of the Seas balcony?

btorlv

We are on the 8th floor room 8338. After you open the slider and walk onto the balcony is it a 100% veiw with just a rail? Any pics would help.

Hope this helps! It is a hump cabin but I believe it isn't much of a difference.

Thanks for the pics. We are in a superior, and looks like there is 100% veiw. The deluxe seems to be framed in and looks like you have to stand up and there seems to be no rail to lean over.

While on the subject of balconies, maybe someone knows this. We have an aft balcony on deck 7 (huge balcony with aft and side view. On deck 6, there's an open deck with stairs that lead up from doors on deck 5. Is that a public deck? Don't see it on the deck plans but see it on these pics.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi?start=0

Bonnie above, are these your pics or a different Bonnie?

Thanks for the pics. We are in a superior, and looks like there is 100% veiw. The deluxe seems to be framed in and looks like you have to stand up and there seems to be no rail to lean over.

All of the explorer balconies have a metal partition. It is worse on deck 6.

Like the previous posters, check out voyager class website to look at photos.

While on the subject of balconies, maybe someone knows this. We have an aft balcony on deck 7 (huge balcony with aft and side view. On deck 6, there's an open deck with stairs that lead up from doors on deck 5. Is that a public deck? Don't see it on the deck plans but see it on these pics.

That area is not a public deck.

Thanks. Do you know what it's used for? Docking or something work related? Crew relaxation deck? Just crurious.

We have had aft balconies on Voyager Class ships quite a few times and have never seen it being used for anything. The area in front of it on deck five is for crew use.

All of the explorer balconies have a metal partition. It is worse on deck 6.

Like the previous posters, check out voyager class website to look at photos.

Wait, there is no glass at all on any balcony decks? That's a major disappointment if true. We will be on deck 7 of the Explorer. One of our favorite things to do is lounge privately on our balcony and watch the ocean. Sure can't do that with a plate of metal in your face :(

A different Bonnie. Sorry.

Wait, there is no glass at all on any balcony decks? That's a major disappointment if true. We will be on deck 7 of the Explorer. One of our favorite things to do is lounge privately on our balcony and watch the ocean. Sure can't do that with a plate of metal in your face :(

There is glass however there is a metal partition about knee high then the glass above it. This is because the voyager class of ships the balconies that are built as part of the ship.

Click on the link below and scroll to the bottom where it says "Voyager, explorer, and adventure of the seas". In the gallary you will see deck 6 balconies where it is all metal and deck 7 and above where it is half metal and half glass.

http://www.voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/balc_E/gallery.html#

There is glass however there is a metal partition about knee high then the glass above it. This is because the voyager class of ships the balconies that are built as part of the ship.

Click on the link below and scroll to the bottom where it says "Voyager, explorer, and adventure of the seas". In the gallary you will see deck 6 balconies where it is all metal and deck 7 and above where it is half metal and half glass.

http://www.voyager-class.com/pictures/cabins/balc_E/gallery.html#

I can live with that. We have a superior ocean balcony, starboard rather aft. Looks ok from the photo, thanks!

I can live with that. We have a superior ocean balcony, starboard rather aft. Looks ok from the photo, thanks!

Yup, you should be fine. We are sailing two weeks after you and we also have a superior ocean room, forward starboard side as well. Can't wait!! :D

Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Is this picture consistent with room 8238? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Hey we have the same room 8238!!! If you want to see our room, there is a video walkthrough of it on youtube that shows our room :)

check it out...

also check out this one from the same person as it shows them lounging on the balcony

I don't know when you are going, but have fun and don't destroy our room :) lol

Hey we have the same room 8238!!! If you want to see our room, there is a video walkthrough of it on youtube that shows our room :)

check it out...

also check out this one from the same person as it shows them lounging on the balcony

I don't know when you are going, but have fun and don't destroy our room :) lol

That's awesome! And thanks for the links. I'm setting sail on 8/30. if you are there before me please leave any unused alcohol under the bed. :D

That's awesome! And thanks for the links. I'm setting sail on 8/30. if you are there before me please leave any unused alcohol under the bed. :D

^^^ hahaha. I sail on 5/24. Look under the bed as I will leave any leftovers for you. Hopefully the next few cruises no passengers look under there :D

Only deck 6 has metal below railing; higher decks have glass.

Is this picture consistent with room 8238? Thanks

Yes, all side-facing deck 7 through 10 balcony fronts, including suites, will look like that photo.

Deck 6, the steel comes up higher, and is topped by a metal railing (no glass at all)

Archived