New to Oceania - Do I have the timing right?

true45

Just booked 2013 I'm extending trip 2 days prior & 2 days after Rome to Venice Riviera.

Will pay the air deviation fee -- do we wait till final payment and then Oceania lets us know what our flights will be (TA will communicate that we want 2 extra days)???? Then we can perhaps adjust the flight or seat?

We are in deluxe oceanview room. Do we wait till 45 days b4 (it is on the Oceania website) and then online reserve 4 specialty restaurants?

Do we have enough time to reserve hotels if we wait till the 2013 hotel packages come out with Oceania according to the rep this fall. We understand transportation & porterage is included with the hotels (port to hotel & hotel to airport) and especially in Venice browsing the internet for hotels gets very confusing with trans difficulties with luggage. We're not infirm but not young either :)

Anyone with experience with Oceania laundry prices?

I looked at a similar thread currently on CC regarding air inclusive but didn't want to hijack with other different ?s. Thanks alot.

Linda

Just booked 2013 I'm extending trip 2 days prior & 2 days after Rome to Venice Riviera.

Will pay the air deviation fee -- do we wait till final payment and then Oceania lets us know what our flights will be (TA will communicate that we want 2 extra days)???? Then we can perhaps adjust the flight or seat?

We are in deluxe oceanview room. Do we wait till 45 days b4 (it is on the Oceania website) and then online reserve 4 specialty restaurants?

Do we have enough time to reserve hotels if we wait till the 2013 hotel packages come out with Oceania according to the rep this fall. We understand transportation & porterage is included with the hotels (port to hotel & hotel to airport) and especially in Venice browsing the internet for hotels gets very confusing with trans difficulties with luggage. We're not infirm but not young either :)

Anyone with experience with Oceania laundry prices?

I looked at a similar thread currently on CC regarding air inclusive but didn't want to hijack with other different ?s. Thanks alot.

Linda

When doing an air deviation, the flight details are usually worked out at time of booking. Seating depends on what the airlines policy is, some let you do it early, others require that you wait until your flight is ticketed.

Your timing is approximately correct regarding the Specialty Restaurant online reservations.

The Laundry (not talking the self service machines here) is priced very like a dry-cleaners in a major American City.

Make sure that you confirm with Oceania that non-sailing day transfers are going to be offered in Venice, before you delay making your plans.

JimandStan, so lucky you are sailing on the Maiden cruise. Oceania got us with the postcard of that beautiful ship.

I thought the TA said we had to wait to final payment to get our flights? And it is a long time till Oct 2013 -- but in case she had wrong info I thought I'd ask. I will email her now and ask her again. Thanks -- you certainly have alot of the answers. Never did laundry on a cruise, but this time with flying we will pay to have it done. Just trying to get my budget together.

Linda

Linda

You can book the deviation flights around 270 days out ...I would start the process at that point rather than waiting until final payment

Thanks Linda, I must say that we are excited to see what the Riviera looks like after all these months of watching and waiting.

marina.jpg

October of 2013 IS so long away that the Airlines probably won't have any flights announced yet. I thought that Stan and I were the only two people who still booked our travel that far in advance. We do it because we usually have our hearts set on a particular cabin, and the Suites on Oceania can go like the wind.

When the Airline has announced their October schedules, however, you and your Travel agent will want to be conferring about which of their flights suits you best THEN. Why wait until final payment to do it?

You're paying a fee to deviate, you may as well get a flight that you really WANT, and not whatever is left on the shelf at final payment time. :D

By the way, if the give and take of the Oceania Deviation process, still seems confusing to you, don't be afraid to INSIST that your TRAVEL AGENT explain it to you in detail. You're PAYING for that advice, after all, please don't be afraid to take it and use it to your best advantage.

JimandStan, so lucky you are sailing on the Maiden cruise. Oceania got us with the postcard of that beautiful ship.

I thought the TA said we had to wait to final payment to get our flights? And it is a long time till Oct 2013 -- but in case she had wrong info I thought I'd ask. I will email her now and ask her again. Thanks -- you certainly have alot of the answers. Never did laundry on a cruise, but this time with flying we will pay to have it done. Just trying to get my budget together.

Linda

The coin laundry is practical, the dry cleaning is reasonably priced.

O itineraries are port intensive and several changes of clothing is often needed especially in warmer temps. If you don't want to travel with mountains of luggage, laundry is the way to go. You mentioned hotel/transfer packs thru O....IMO it is far more cost effective to make your own arrangements. That said, there is a certain piece of mind by booking it thru O....if price is not a concern. Your Riviera RollCall will be a good source of info for shared tours, hotels & transfers. A year in advance is not too soon to book a highly recommended Hotel especially in Venice. You may consider a few more days pre cruise, helps you settle in with the time change...plus more quality time for site seeing.

Archived