All Things LEGEND

EMc&DrS

thanks, anyone know anything about him? Good, fun? Never gave much thought to who the CD was till the last couple of years when we have sailed with such fun ones such as Wee Jimmy, Butch, and Jamie.

Edited by gck1249

Dburdan - I can assure you that the Piano Bar Entertainer is fine.... Great Voice, plays requests, and is not confrontational at all! I know this very well as he is my husband!!!

As for Kirk Benning the CD - great guy, very visible, hosts all the shows etc and has time for everyone.

Enjoy your cruise!

Dburdan - I can assure you that the Piano Bar Entertainer is fine.... Great Voice, plays requests, and is not confrontational at all! I know this very well as he is my husband!!!

As for Kirk Benning the CD - great guy, very visible, hosts all the shows etc and has time for everyone.

Enjoy your cruise!

You're in the best position to know. Look forward to spending time in his venue in late July. What are his best pieces (referring to musical pieces, of course)?

Thanks, will he be in the Piano Bar late September? Last year was so wierd We went to the Piano Bar and this guy was there playing the piano, he was fantastic but he didn't SING. There was a large group of girl from a bachlorette party who were ready to sing and party but didn't end up staying very long. I had gone back a couple more times during the week to see what was going on but it was the same, I asked Wee Jimmy if he knew what was was up with this guy, maybe he was sick, lost his voice, what? Never did get an answer. If you have ever sailed with Ron you know what a Piano Bar should be like, so much fun and the place was always packed. We closed it down at 1:30 every night!! FANTASTIC.

HI, his contract ends 15th July, so as soon as we know who will be replacing him I'll make you it is put up on here.

His best pieces? :P Depends what you like I suppose? My favourites are his Elton John stuff, The Script, Billy Joel... he does a fantastic version of Superstition... the list is endless really.... He's usually fairly accommodating and if he doesnt know something he'll learn it for you.... just dont go asking for Abba....!!!

We'll be boarding the Legend in less than two months!! Keep the pictures coming...this surely helps pass the time!

Does anyone know what night the Chef Table dinner is scheduled for? We would like to do try it, and eat in the steak house, also. We have an anniversary on board and would like to do one of them on our special night.

Thanks for starting this thread. We will be sailing on the Legend in August. The photos are fantastic and the information posted in here makes our upcoming cruise even more exciting!:)

sunnyskies24 - thanks, if you could post it or send it to me that would be really great. I like all types of music, but esp the kind you can sing along with, Elton is always good, some Broadway, (no Abba is fine) there are some great Country sing along songs, and love the more colorful songs after midnight for that last set. I guess any kind of music that keeps the crowd there having fun is good. It is just not fun sitting at an empty piano bar, the more people singing along the better.

Couple questions:

What are our dining options if we don't want to do a multi-course meal in the MDR?

The buffets, grills, pizza, deli and room service

Are there late-night dining options? Pizza/sandwiches/snacks?Yes, deli is open until 9:30 I want to say, and pizza 24 hrs and of course, room service.

Is there coffee available 24/7?

yes, yes it is!! coffee is available 24 hrs. don't know why this reply isn't right after the questions like the others!!??:rolleyes:

Enjoy your first Carnival Cruise. We sailed on the Legend last October and were detoured due to Hurricane Rina, so we missed the ports we were very much looking forward to. Thought we try it one more time!! Even got the same room.

Happy Sailing!!

Edited by DTC

Had our first ever cruise on the Legend. Here's a vid I made of our aft wrap around balcony stateroom. Hope it helps!

Great video--thanks! We've booked the other aft wrap on that same floor, so I really enjoyed the detailed preview.

Walking the Sun Deck(without sun) upon our cold February Deparkationn 2010

DSCN1448_0012.jpg?t=1292693104

We loved this ship, and will be back on her in September.

sweet angel-the multi course meals in the MDR are great, because if you dont' want to eat alot, just order what you want. If you don't want dessert, dont order it, the appetizers look better than the maind dish, just order the apps. Your other options would be, the buffet on the lido deck, room service, the steak house(alot more food and you pay extra) and one night during the cruise is the Chef's Table, that has about 10 courses. There is one midnight buffet during the cruise. We chose to eat as many meals as possible in the MDR, I paid for the service, I might as well use it, and I am always on a diet, so it's easier to me to think out my meal, instead of staring at a whole lot of food, and getting more I my plate than I need. There is a coffee shop on obard, but the closest thing to a cup of coffee there is the americana coffee. There is always coffee on the lido deck in the restaurant, great choice of Bigelow tea, and cocoa 24/7. Have a great cruise!

4 matinos for $17...wow...is that the only bar that has this deal?

It was the only bar I saw that deal, but they may have it all over. Keep in mind they were small martini's, not full size. Still a good deal and a lot of fun.

We loved this ship, and will be back on her in September.

sweet angel-the multi course meals in the MDR are great, because if you dont' want to eat alot, just order what you want. If you don't want dessert, dont order it, the appetizers look better than the maind dish, just order the apps. Your other options would be, the buffet on the lido deck, room service, the steak house(alot more food and you pay extra) and one night during the cruise is the Chef's Table, that has about 10 courses. There is one midnight buffet during the cruise. We chose to eat as many meals as possible in the MDR, I paid for the service, I might as well use it, and I am always on a diet, so it's easier to me to think out my meal, instead of staring at a whole lot of food, and getting more I my plate than I need. There is a coffee shop on obard, but the closest thing to a cup of coffee there is the americana coffee. There is always coffee on the lido deck in the restaurant, great choice of Bigelow tea, and cocoa 24/7. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for your response. It's not actually the quantity of food, but sometimes we don't feel like going to the MDR being stuck there for over an hour while everyone eats, you know? Or sometimes we don't feel like changing out of our shorts and t-shirts and don't want to be dressed inappropriately for dinner. Just wanted to be sue there were other options...and late night snacks available. My DH is a snacker.

Is the coffee shop a fee-based thing?

We are used to the Royal Promenade on RCI (snacks and coffee/tea 24/7) and just want to be aware of our options.

I'm liking the sound of the martiini flight!

We sailed on the Legend last October and were detoured due to Hurricane Rina, so we missed the ports we were very much looking forward to. Thought we try it one more time!! Even got the same room.

Since we will be sailing during Hurricane Season, there is a possibility that we could also be detoured :eek: -- hopefully this will not happen as we are also really looking forward to these ports. I was wondering where you detoured too and/or did you get more sea days because of this?

sunnyskies24 - thanks, if you could post it or send it to me that would be really great. I like all types of music, but esp the kind you can sing along with, Elton is always good, some Broadway, (no Abba is fine) there are some great Country sing along songs, and love the more colorful songs after midnight for that last set. I guess any kind of music that keeps the crowd there having fun is good. It is just not fun sitting at an empty piano bar, the more people singing along the better.

Sorry - must have missed something here - post or send what? The list? - I cant as it changes with the people, ages, nationalities - he is flexible as any PBE should be and what he plays depends on requests, the age group he has in the bar, what time of night it is etc

Also the Abba rule is because as he points out - he is but one man, and 4 part harmonies are an impossibility no matter how good any one singer is!!

Enjoy your cruise, and say hello to him for me wont you? x :)

sweet angel-the coffee bar is not open 24/7 and there is a cost for the "special coffees " and the Americana and the desserts. Up on the lido deck- the coffee, pizza, ice cream, hot tea, hot cocoa, are open 24/7. Some friends of ours on our last cruise introduced us to something wonderful at the pizza place-a garlic cheese roll. Basically they take the pizza dough, roll it into bread rolls, and then smother them with garlic and cheese. They are fantastic! Add a cesear salad, and pure heaven! I am not big on the ship pizza. Being an ex Jersey girl, the cheese needs to drip and ooze and the ship pizza just doesn't do that. But the cheesy garlic rolls are GREAT!:)