Flight Arrangements thru Carnival

BamaCruiser20

I have some friends who are considering booking their flights thru Carnival and I have a couple questions to see if this plan will work for them.

When the flight is booked thru Carnival, is the air fare added to the price of the cruise where they can make payments rather than paying the air fare all at one time like when booking directly thru the airline?

Is there a set fee for air fare or does it depend on the actual flights? In this same line, when will they know what their flights and departing/arriving times will be?

Also, is it possible for them to fly in the day before the cruise or does Carnival always book flights to arrive on embarkation day?

Thanks in advance for any helpful information I can give them to help them decide which route to go!

I have some friends who are considering booking their flights thru Carnival and I have a couple questions to see if this plan will work for them.

When the flight is booked thru Carnival, is the air fare added to the price of the cruise where they can make payments rather than paying the air fare all at one time like when booking directly thru the airline?

Is there a set fee for air fare or does it depend on the actual flights? In this same line, when will they know what their flights and departing/arriving times will be?

Also, is it possible for them to fly in the day before the cruise or does Carnival always book flights to arrive on embarkation day?

Thanks in advance for any helpful information I can give them to help them decide which route to go!

Not sure where your friends are flying in from, but unless it is cross country, the charge through the cruise line in outrageous. IMHO, have them book it themselves, then they have control of the times, and can allow for problems. I know you didn't ask this as part of your question, but anytime I fly in, I always fly in a day early, just to allow for any potential problems.

Enjoy the cruise.

Mimgan

I forgot to add that they will be flying from Birmingham, Alabama to Miami, Florida.

Personally, I always purchase my airfare seperately and fly in the day (sometimes two) before. However, they are trying to watch the budget and would like to be able to make payments rather than have to pay for the airfare (will be 3 adult tickets) all at one time. So, I'm trying to gather as much info as I can for them.

Thanks for the link to the cruise air board...I didn't even know there was a section on here for cruise air!

as others stated, carnival has set price and books for day of travel and they can not control the airlines issues as in flight delays, cancellations. I would tell them to save up the money (thats what we did and how we have to do it) when we had the money for the flight we bought the tickets. fly in the day before and get a hotel. My first cruise (before i changed it) i did it through carnival, then i read all the stories of issues ppl had. we ended up changing our cruise so then didnt need the flight (thank goodness)

I never experienced problems with airlines until the last couple years. so i am glad i do the day before. worse case, i may lose the hotel, but better than my cruise! lol

Archived