Problem Changing TA name on Open Passage

STLCRUISIN

We bought several Celebrity Open Passages in 2010 and have used most of them but now we have switched travel agents however, Celebrity has told our new agent that we cannot transfer the remaining Passages under the new TA name. This seems unfair since we are no longer doing business with our old TA. Has anyone else had any success in switching agents and transferring their Passages, as well?

Once you give the Passages to a TA only that TA can release it to another TA.

One way to get rid of the passage is have your TA book a cruise then cancel the cruise... unless your TA charges for canceling a booking.

Then you lose all the benefits of the Passages:confused: The OBC and low deposit.

I know that this advice is like closing the barn door after the horses have left but:o...It really is best to take your Passages or any other onboard booking with you personally. You can then transfer them to your TA or any other.

We bought several Celebrity Open Passages in 2010 and have used most of them but now we have switched travel agents however, Celebrity has told our new agent that we cannot transfer the remaining Passages under the new TA name. This seems unfair since we are no longer doing business with our old TA. Has anyone else had any success in switching agents and transferring their Passages, as well?

From your screen name, looks like you are from St. Louis. I grew up there and all of my family is still there...

I digress, lol

I had the same problem and it was a nightmare! Let me start by saying I love Celebrity, but....wow! I booked an open passage last year on my Equinox TA. Assigned it to the travel agent my family has used for 30 years and she is based in St. Louis. Found a cruise I wanted to book, called our TA and she told me she had completely retired. She was only working part time for her regular clients for the last few years.

Took almost 3 weeks to resolve, tons of misinformation and countless phone calls...

This is how mine was finally resolved...

First: The TA that the open passage is currently assigned to must contact Celebrity and release your passage, I had mine released and turned over to me. This took a few days for the paperwork to make its way through the system.

Second: I booked directly with Celebrity once this was completed.

Third: This must be done within 60 days and via Fax, only Fax, there is a form on the Celebrity website where you may assign your reservation to a TA.

Be persistent...this can be done.

That is how I did it, had to jump through many hoops to make it happen but in the end it did work out.

I believe someone else commented, and I have now learned from experience...when I do future open passages, I will have them in my name and then assign to a TA when I am ready to book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brian - Yes I live in St. Louis. We love it here and wouldn't trade it for anything.

I want to thank everyone for your help with our little annoying issue. We called the Passage phone number and spoke to a very helpful rep. who told us exactly what Brian went through with his Passages. We have to contact our original TA, have her fax a request on letterhead to Celebrity to release the Passages to me. That takes three days. Then, if I want to assign them to the new TA I have to fill out a form that I can get on the Celebrity website. Once that is sent it takes another three days. Otherwise, once the Passages are back in my name I can book directly with Celebrity.

As a lot of you are suggesting I will put any future Passages in my name to avoit this hassle.

Brian - Yes I live in St. Louis. We love it here and wouldn't trade it for anything.

I want to thank everyone for your help with our little annoying issue. We called the Passage phone number and spoke to a very helpful rep. who told us exactly what Brian went through with his Passages. We have to contact our original TA, have her fax a request on letterhead to Celebrity to release the Passages to me. That takes three days. Then, if I want to assign them to the new TA I have to fill out a form that I can get on the Celebrity website. Once that is sent it takes another three days. Otherwise, once the Passages are back in my name I can book directly with Celebrity.

As a lot of you are suggesting I will put any future Passages in my name to avoit this hassle.

Oh, I see you are in St. Charles...seems like everyone lives there now. I'm glad you got this all worked out. I think one of my biggest issues was that fact I didn't know about the "passages" 800 number and was working with the regular customer service reps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived