Having dinner served in Oceania suite

eddmel

Though it might be a little like losing the glow after finding out the method behind a magician's illusion, The Duck & Watermelon Salad is one of the items in a Culinary Class. It is so simple, assuming you have a supply of duck confit on hand, a watermelon handy ...

Enjoy Riviera's Maiden Voyage JimandStan - cold cocktails, fabulous food and super service await!

Though it might be a little like losing the glow after finding out the method behind a magician's illusion, The Duck & Watermelon Salad is one of the items in a Culinary Class. It is so simple, assuming you have a supply of duck confit on hand, a watermelon handy ...

Enjoy Riviera's Maiden Voyage JimandStan - cold cocktails, fabulous food and super service await!

Easy or difficult, they are just as delicious ;)

foie-gras2.jpg1+SAUTERNE.jpg

214302.jpg

1171060593_7f37bdf036.jpg26950.jpg

Thanks so much for the warm wishes, we're joining the ship on Sunday and I promise to photograph the living daylights out of her-

J&S, Have a great trip can't wait for our trip in August on the Riviera and those pictures are making my mouth water... even though I just had dinner. Your posts are always so entertaining and enjoyable!

We will be on the Riviera May 25 and we are sure it will be a great cruise.

Those three photos make us remember how delicious all the food on Oceania is. What exactly are they so we can order them from the menu? I recognize the lobster in the middle but would love to know what menu it's from. The souffle looks delicious

We will be on the Riviera May 25 and we are sure it will be a great cruise.

Those three photos make us remember how delicious all the food on Oceania is. What exactly are they so we can order them from the menu? I recognize the lobster in the middle but would love to know what menu it's from. The souffle looks delicious

The entire meal is from Jacques.

Foies Gras, Lobster Thermidor, Grand Marnier Soufflés

We are dining there on Sunday night, and unless we are lucky enough to find their SUPERB Veal Prince Orloff as a special (something of an embarkation tradition with us), I'll be enjoying that wonderful lobster again. :D

108502.jpg

We love La Reserve, but the dinner for Suite patrons is nothing like the same experience.

It was something between the Chefs Patio Dinner on the R ships, and the Captains cocktail party with better food. :rolleyes:

We enjoyed the company, but I'm very glad that we ALSO booked La Reserve privately.

I think it may have changed some since your last cruise. The menu we had for the suite dinner was the exact menu they offered paying guests. It was 7 courses with wine pairings. The menu was called the "Discovery Menu". It was one of two they advertised outside of La Reserve. AMAZING experience.

Hopefully they will offer the same opportunity on you Riviera cruise. Enjoy!

Their photos are the best I've ever seen on CC. I'd sure like to know more about that camera!

The picture does look mouth watering - slightly off topic, what camera do you use for taking these pictures?

Archived