Another Summer Sale price drop!!

christinalvt

I've been checking every day, and got a $40 price drop before final payment, so that went to lower the final payment, but this time the drop was $140, which will be OBC for me! Yay!!

Just goes to show, you should check every day! Here's the link:

carnival.com/bookingengine/fareviewer

I have checked every day since we booked. We have lucked out to get quite a few drops. So many now, that we were able to upgrade from a 4B to a 6E for LESS than our original booking rate:)

Just waiting to check again tomorrow. Our cruise seems to drop on Thursdays. It has for the last 3 weeks. In our home we have re-named it "Price-drop Thursday":D:D

I just got my very first price drop today, for our 8/27 Ecstasy sailing! Only 40.00 to OBC, but that'll buy a few drinks :). I'm glad I was checking daily - will definitely continue to do so.

They also accepted the form and updated my Booking within three hours, which surprised me.

I have checked every day since we booked. We have lucked out to get quite a few drops. So many now, that we were able to upgrade from a 4B to a 6E for LESS than our original booking rate:)

Just waiting to check again tomorrow. Our cruise seems to drop on Thursdays. It has for the last 3 weeks. In our home we have re-named it "Price-drop Thursday":D:D

Wow, that's great! I was afraid that my first price drop would have been the only one, now I see there may be more to come (I hope!). I have a great cabin (spa balcony) to begin with so instead of an upgrade I'd much rather have OBC.

I just got my very first price drop today, for our 8/27 Ecstasy sailing! Only 40.00 to OBC, but that'll buy a few drinks :). I'm glad I was checking daily - will definitely continue to do so.

They also accepted the form and updated my Booking within three hours, which surprised me.

Yes, I was pleasantly surprised too, for my first drop, they credited it pretty quickly. Go Carnival!

I am guessing that this will only show you fares for categories for which there is availability. I have an 8M booked on the 29 July sailing of the Pride. That category isn't listed. So it seems that there is a disadvantage to having certain categories!

Boo...I check ours 3x a day (I'm at home recovering from surgery) and it hasn't dropped since the start of the summer sale. I'm wondering if May 1 when Summer Sale ends if there will be another drop if cabins still remain?

Don'tTreadOnMe- yes, if you have a cabin where there are very few of that cabin type, you won't see much from an ES booking because of the limited # of the cabins available that potentially won't sell.

I am guessing that this will only show you fares for categories for which there is availability. I have an 8M booked on the 29 July sailing of the Pride. That category isn't listed. So it seems that there is a disadvantage to having certain categories!

Did you check the category drop down menu where you choose inside, balcony, etc? I dont know what 8M is, but if its a blacony, check that on the drop-down menu and see what happens.

This is driving me crazy! We have a spa room and those aren't included in the Summer sale (at least on our sailing). But I check every day too!

Maggie

Keep watching- we are booked for a B2B. Price dropped on one Spa room, but none were even showing available for the other cruise. Two weeks later, suddenly a spa room was now available for that 2nd sailing. The price wasn't lower, but at least it was showing it was an option.

Did you check the category drop down menu where you choose inside, balcony, etc? I dont know what 8M is, but if its a blacony, check that on the drop-down menu and see what happens.

8M is an Aft View Extended Balcony on the lower decks. 8N is the higher decks. The 8N category is showing up, but not the 8M. I am fairly certain that all of the 8Ms are currently booked.

Yay! I'm pretty sure we won't get more -we already got an upgrade from interior to OV AND 310 obc and we sail in less than a month.

Senior and past guest rates are not even showing up for our cruise now, so they are likely almost sold out.

our category IS sold out and the only thing over ours is balcony and suite and I doubt those will drop below $242, but I keep checking times a day, anyway.

You have to have booked Early Saver rate. If so, you have to fill out an early saver price protection form any time you see a drop.

Go to Carnival website, move your mouse over special offers and click "Early Saver Specials." Scroll down to Price Protection- click "Learn More."

Scroll down to the section labeled, "How the Early Saver Program Works." There will be a link that says, "Price Protection Claim Form."

Archived