PH suites on Regatta - noise level?

azevedan

Hello, past Oceania cruisers!

I have a question with regard to the PH suites on the Regatta. Since deck 9 (pool deck, deck chairs, walkers, etc.) is directly above these suites, what is the noise level inside? What about out on the balcony?

Thanks!

I asked the exact same question awhile ago and then booked the PH Suite!!

Yeah...now I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the additional $4K. (We're in a B2 veranda now).

Help convince me! :D

You may hear the laundry tubs being wheeled to the washing machines near the covered patio and also things being moved around in Waves, we have. It is only a periodic thing and does not stop us from staying in a PH2.

PH suites are great and significantly larger than the A and B state rooms. Ultimately however it depends on what the extras are worth for you. Is extra space important to you? Will you use the butler service? Do more guaranteed visits to Polo and Toscana matter? I have happily stayed in both. But if you are keen to be persuaded I would say thats a sign you should give the PH a go.

It is the extra space that would be the big plus. It's a 16-night cruise, and half of those are sea days. The in-room dining sounds great; on the other hand, eating out forces you to get out and about!

Still back-and-forth. Decisions, decisions. :rolleyes:

For us the difference between a concierge cabin and PH1 was $900 NZ each. That is about $750 US each so really it was a no brainer!! It was such a great deal, even works out cheaper than our Celebrity Cruise three years ago!! We have to travel so far for this cruise that the little extra to upgrade is the icing on the cake and we fully intend to enjoy every second of the extra service.

BUT if our budget was less, I would have been perfectly happy in a standard cabin. There really is no wrong choice I think :)

Well, we went with the upgrade. :)

There were only two PH3s left for our cruise, so we went with the one way aft (with somewhat obstructed view off the side of the balcony) vs. one under the fitness center. Oceania told our TA they track complaints by room, and haven't had any, but I was afraid to risk that. :eek: Besides, I like being aft.

No hot breakfast room service in our previous class (non-concierge veranda) was a big reason, too. Thought about concierge class, but the only one of the A3's left was tucked back in the same back near-corner, so we went for the bigger room. We really enjoyed our on-veranda leisurely breakfasts last year on Azamara (and the included house wine with dinner, but that comparison is subject of other forum threads, I see.) Looking forward to being spoiled on Oceania!

There were only two PH3s left for our cruise

And all the PH1s are gone, and they could only guarantee a category, but not a cabin, with PH2s. Couldn't risk one of those connecting doors!

I found a picture on one of the other forums, and it will be fine.

Archived