Upgrade fairy call, did I do okay?

lotusbogardi

So, when my upcoming cruise was booked, we had an inside room on the Riviera deck. It was booked early saver, and prices for our cruise have only gone up since. Two weeks ago, I got an offer to upgrade to an interior midship panorama for $40 total. That was a no brainer. Today, the upsell fairy called (he has a lovely Midwest accent, btw) and offered an extended balcony for another $260 total. I took it, but I'm wondering if I got the best deal.

Uh, Oh!!:eek:

Now you are going to be Balcony snobs for every cruise you take from now on....

As far as I think, you got a great deal.

Imagine this....having your morning coffee out on the Balcony, from Room Service, enjoying the fresh air in your robes, without having to go to the Lido. :D

I know you will enjoy it!!

Melanie

So, when my upcoming cruise was booked, we had an inside room on the Riviera deck. It was booked early saver, and prices for our cruise have only gone up since. Two weeks ago, I got an offer to upgrade to an interior midship panorama for $40 total. That was a no brainer. Today, the upsell fairy called (he has a lovely Midwest accent, btw) and offered an extended balcony for another $260 total. I took it, but I'm wondering if I got the best deal.

they called or e-mailed you? I don't want to chance missing if they call us, not that I think they will, I'm not that lucky...

I just paid over $400 for an upgrade to extended balcony from a balcony cabin so you got an excellent deal:)

Den

According to the Fare Viewer, if you booked today on the Pride for a 2-person cruise on 5/27/12 using the SUMMER IS ON SALE promotion, a 4A room would cost $1458, while an 8J room would cost $1798, so normally upgrading would cost $340. I'd say you got a pretty good deal!

How did you get so lucky! I think you got a great deal. Enjoy....:)

Good deal. I have never received anything free on cruises. Of course, this will only be my 3rd cruise. But I can honestly say, just to know I have received price drops and an OBC for this cruise (another I just submitted), is really making me think that anything can happen. Now I need the fairy to call me for a good deal. :) and then I can say, Yeah, I got that once. :).

Does the upgrade fairy only call when you book DIRECTLY through carnival.. I used a travel agent.. how would I check or see if an upgrade is available at a better price?

My cruise is in October

I would like to know this too!

:)I loved the balcony on the Legend when we went. I didn't book one this time due to booking 3 cabins and bringing the kiddos. Hoping to possibly get an upgrade call, but not counting on it. You will love the balcony.:o

Sounds like a great deal to me! I have never cruised a balcony..only inside and oceanview. But we were able to check out my in laws balcony cabin when they cruised with us last year. Would be nice. But we would rather be cheap when it comes to the cabin and spend more to PARTY! :DI have never been so lucky to an upsell call. The fairy was good to you!

Archived