Walk from port to Majahaul?

rockbock

Most of the posts I've seen indicate that the cost is $2 - $3 per person each way and the drive only takes 3 or 4 minutes. It seems to me that it should be close enough to walk to in 15 or 20 minutes.

I have a family of 5 and we actually enjoy walking around new places. I'd love to save the $30 in round-trip cab/bus fare if it's walkable.

Most of the posts I've seen indicate that the cost is $2 - $3 per person each way and the drive only takes 3 or 4 minutes. It seems to me that it should be close enough to walk to in 15 or 20 minutes.

I have a family of 5 and we actually enjoy walking around new places. I'd love to save the $30 in round-trip cab/bus fare if it's walkable.

We have been there a few times and I wouldn't recommend the walk. Once you leave the Port Area, there is a row of shops on each side of the road for a few hundred yards and then there is really nothing until you get to Majahaul. Thinking it's about a mile and a half to the town.

The last time we were there, the bus was 2 dollars to town. You can always take the bus to town and then decide if you want to walk back instead of grabbing a cab or taking the bus back to the Port Area.

But definitely get out of the port area and check out Majahaul.....

• 1 month later...

I have walked it once before and it is safe. The only problem is that there really is not much to see and it will be hot. There is a shop outside where you can get a litre of water for about $1.

Since the taxis are so cheap, I have decided to use them as to minimize being burnt in the hot sun. I would recommend that you don't miss going to Mahahual as the beer is cheaper, water excellent and a lot cheaper prices for Mexican tourist junk. Don't like that purpose built ship complex as it is so fake.

Archived