Past guest party

Mr. Tom

My group this year is Me, My wife <both have cruised before many times>, and my Best friend and my wifes oldest Daughter. Last two have never cruised before.

Question is: I know Me and My wife can go to the past cruise party, Can my wife's daughter or my best friend as well as long as there with us?

No big deal, just wondering what the rules are there.

My group this year is Me, My wife <both have cruised before many times>, and my Best friend and my wifes oldest Daughter. Last two have never cruised before.

Question is: I know Me and My wife can go to the past cruise party, Can my wife's daughter or my best friend as well as long as there with us?

No big deal, just wondering what the rules are there.

A lot of people are gonna remind you this is the PAST GUEST party, LOL. Its one of the very few rewards for being a past guest, so have the other people find some thign to do while your there.... they do give you invitations, so I dont know how strictly they check them at the door.. on 7 or 8 cruises we have never ever ever made it to the past guest party, not sure why exactly, we always mean to go... your friend and your wifes daughter can have our slot <G>.. Its worth a try, the least they can tell you is no if they actually check for invitations

Thanks Cat,

Ya I figured past guest was for past guest specific .. I was just kinda hoping that maybe you could bring a guest. However, there really isnt much reading on the party thing.

Me and wify have cruised 4 times and never went to it, just like you. Probably wont again unless we can at least bring our daughter <she is 21 this cruise and why we are bringing her>.

Who cares, its almost cruise time! :P

Hi Mr. Tom. I'm one of the ones who thinks the party should be for past guests only, as it's just about the only little perk we have, y'know?

I think an exception should be made when it's just a 'couple', and one is a past guest and the other isn't...but not when there's a group, or even two who aren't. Enjoy your earned privilege. I'm sure the other two can find something enjoyable to do for that little 45-minute time frame.:)

Kathy, your invitation will be delivered to your cabin the day before the party. The day and time AND location vary ship to ship, cruise to cruise. The CD decides after the ship sails. The parties are usually held in a smaller lounge. It's nice - comp cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, music, Captain and CD in attendance. Most of the time, you'll receive a ship's lapel pin - it may be delivered with your invitation, or handed to you at the door when you enter the party. It's a really nice way to spend about 45 minutes or so of your cruise.

Mr. Tom - Happy b'day to your daughter.......:)

Thanks Cotton. I have read in some posts where some passengers did not get an invite and they were past cruisers. So I guess since there is no set time so if your are missed you would never know it. I know some people don't care but I would like to go with my family.

Kathy, there's a box somewhere for you to check that you are a past guest, so hopefully you'll be invited. What I do, since I really DO enjoy the party, is check with the purser's desk the second day on board and ask them to look in the computer to be sure I'm on the guest list. I always have been, but I check every time. Don't wanna miss any freebies, y'know?:D

Thanks, I will do that. My husband received an e-mail with his past member number. I didn't, and my two children ages 15 and 24 didn't get theirs. My TA told me to call back when I get my past guest number. When I called her back she already had numbers for all of us.

Thanks Cotton. I have read in some posts where some passengers did not get an invite and they were past cruisers.

If you do not receive an invitation and you did check the past guest box. Go by the pursers desk. They will be happy to help you. Some times there is computer/or human error.:)

Archived