Anyone still doing the log books?

CoachTerry14

The Capers lists the hours of the library.

We went several times, during the times the library was open as indicated by the capers... we were never able to sign the guestbook as nobody was ever there... I wish the capers could have open it up for us :p

We went several times, during the times the library was open as indicated by the capers... we were never able to sign the guestbook as nobody was ever there... I wish the capers could have open it up for us :p

I as going to check on the Triumph for a log book. I looked in the capers but the library was listed as "open" only 2 hours a day - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I walked by a couple of times but never saw a worker there and most days the times that were listed I just seemed to be occupied elsewhere!

In October 2003, we sailed on the Pride to Mexico. Apparently Carnival wouldn't let CC put a log book in the library, so it was hidden in a secret location on the ship.

We spent HOURS one afternoon trying to 'casually' rifle through planters looking for the log book, hoping no one was wondering what we were doing!

We finally found it and it was like finding buried treasure, literally. We read all of the previous entries, which was really cool and added our own.

I wonder if it's still there....I doubt it. I really wonder what Carnival did with it when they found it!

In October 2003, we sailed on the Pride to Mexico. Apparently Carnival wouldn't let CC put a log book in the library, so it was hidden in a secret location on the ship.

We spent HOURS one afternoon trying to 'casually' rifle through planters looking for the log book, hoping no one was wondering what we were doing!

We finally found it and it was like finding buried treasure, literally. We read all of the previous entries, which was really cool and added our own.

I wonder if it's still there....I doubt it. I really wonder what Carnival did with it when they found it!

So where was it??? I sail the Pride in 14 days ~ Whoo HOOOO!

We started the book on the Glory in September 2003. I wonder if anyone's found that one and how many of the pages are signed. :)

Glad to see there's one on the Miracle ~ I'll keep an eye on the library hours.

Cheeky

Stupid me. I didn't hear about a log book on the Paradise. Tried to find one aboard. I should have brought a new one aboard myself.

Has anyone presented a new logbook to the crew to be displayed in the library. And how hard did they laugh.

Signed the logbook on the GLORY a year and a half ago.

Signed the logbook on the PRIDE. I seem to remember it was prominently displayed on a little pedestal in the library (maybe have my ships mixed up, though). Greg Kneale, the CD on the PRIDE then may have had something to do with this. He was a big fan of Cruise Critic.

Couldn't find the logbook on the LEGEND. "Librarian" didn't know what I was talking about. :(

IMHO, I think the cruise ships, in this case, Carnival, fears people feeling excluded by allowing separate entities or groups to occupy space in their libraries. Other paxs may feel "shunned" for not having their own logbook to sign. I know, it doesn't make much sense to me now, either. :confused:

Signed the logbook on the PRIDE. I seem to remember it was prominently displayed on a little pedestal in the library (maybe have my ships mixed up, though). Greg Kneale, the CD on the PRIDE then may have had something to do with this. He was a big fan of Cruise Critic.

When we were on the Pride, the logbook was in the Sunset Gardens on the Starboard side of the ship. They had topiary in planters with white styrofoam peanuts. The log was in a ziplock bag in one of these planters, which was why we had to rifle through several of them until we found it!

I'm happy to hear they moved it to a 'place of honor' in the library. They probably just got sick of cleaning up all those styrofoam peanuts!

• 2 months later...
Stupid me. I didn't hear about a log book on the Paradise. Tried to find one aboard. I should have brought a new one aboard myself.

Has anyone presented a new logbook to the crew to be displayed in the library. And how hard did they laugh.

I placed the log book in the Triumph library in Oct. 2003. The Librarian thought it was a really neat idea and didn't laugh at all.

• 6 months later...

I was told there was one on the Elation, but when I was there in October I couldn't find it.

Why do they have to lock up those books anyway? They are just a bunch of old paperbacks! Just leave the cabinets open. Some people will take a book, others will leave a book.

Maybe they could move all games to Camp Carnival. If you want to check out a game, you go see them to check it out. There is pretty much always someone there (except very, very late at night).

We signed on the Celebration and next time we went, we signed again. There was only one entry in between. We signed the Elation book both times, and we did not find one on the Conquest. We were there the first day just as the library was opening, looking everywhere, never found it. Plan to sign the Ecstasy book. Always a fun thing to do!