Hotel Maya Booking Experts - Need Help!

SoonerOne

Myself and members of my roll call are watching for the Carnival rate at the Hotel Maya so we can get the discounted room rate. Just per chance, I checked it again today and put in the booking corporate code (0560018220) as I always do and ta-da, up came Carnival discounted room rates, yay!

I had already secured a room on-line and called them earlier on and asked if I could get the Carnival rate when it became available and the hotel said yes, no problem. Just call back and let the reservation's staff know and they will honor the rate. I called them today and they honored the new rate. I was so excited that I posted this information on my roll call to let the others know. When one of them called to get the discount, they wouldn't give it to them, said it was only for Carnival crew and officers. I went back on line, put the code back in and sure enough up popped the rates for crew etc.

For those of you that have booked the Maya this way using the corporate code, how did the information show on-line? Did it show the "crew/officer" rate? My roll call members think we need to wait and see if another rate for Carnival cruise passengers comes available......I am SO confused. Can anyone help us understand how to book the discounted Carnival rate at the Hotel Maya?

Your input is greatly appreciated!

Donna:)

WELL, I just TRIED it AGAIN and it is STILL coming up with Crew/Officer rates. It MUST be the dates that I am selecting which is check in on January 18 and out on January 19th of 2013, which is the night before our cruise. I am at a quandry as to what to do. They gave me the crew rate, which is higher than the Carnival discount rate which is not posted yet. I don't know whether to keep the room I've got and call back later when they change the rates to include the Carnival rate or call back today.....:o

I actually think the problem might be that it's in 2013. They usually add the next years Carnival Corporate rate in September/October. We had a February cruise booked and I couldn't book the room until September or October when they renewed the corporate code.

Archived