Progreso question

pawsue521

First of all, I'm always a little flipped out to start a thread asking a question for fear of someone getting upset with me due to the fact that the question is probably already addressed at some point. So, I do apologize if that's the case. I'm simply not very good at finding me way around this board. Don't mean to be repetitive---just ignorant. :)

Question: Anyone used autoprogresso for the Merida on foot? If so, feedback please?? Thanks so much!

How did you do this? What did you do when you got to Merida? Please tell all :).

There will be a bus to take you to town (the pier is like 4 miles long).

On the bus, they will hand out a little pamphlet of tours. I'm pretty sure it's Autoprogreso.

I've never used them, but I'm sure all the "how-to's" are in the pamphlet.

It is an one hour bus trip to Merida by Auto Progresso. Their buses run every 10 minutes. There are two beer stores between the dock and the bus station. About a 10 minute walk from the end of the pier.

In Merida, you get dropped less then 2 blocks from the square. On the square there are 2 Oxxo's and one 7-11 just in case you need to replenish your snacks or more beer.

There is a large church on the square

A bus that you can take from in front of the church that is hop on and hop off, with English speaking guides.

All parks in Merida have free wifi if you need to catch up on things back at home.

The Governors palace is on the square also. It is one beautiful building inside. Also has free clean restrooms.

Hugh in Dallas

Archived