Liberty of the Seas - Departing Toulon 3rd June

radox1

Sailing On Liberty Of The Seas

Departing 03-Jun-2012 from Provence (Toulon), France

Hi,

We have just booked a 7 night western Mediterranean cruise on the Liberty of the Seas, departing from Toulon France.

I am slightly concerned as the same ship also has a 7 night itinerary starting the day before from Barcelona. Will this mean we will join the ship on day 2 and miss events such as the welcome show?

Also is there any tables for 2 in the main dining room available at a set time, or to get these is 'my time dinning' required to ensure this?

Ben

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic. I've not done one of these cruises before but they act a bit like a ferry, picking up at different ports of call. Sorry that I can't help with how the Welcome Show is produced.... my guess is there could very well be another day 1 for someone else along the itinerary too.... I'm sure your first night show is designed with the new boarders in mind too.

In your booking you can request to sit on a table for 2 (as opposed to sitting with others). There will be 2 main dining sittings. When you've boarded you can go to the main dining room to see where your table is and request a change if you don't like where it is. I prefer My Time Dining as it allows me to dine when I want to rather when someone dictates when I should eat whether I am ready to or not.

There may be a roll call for your cruise where you can chat to others, Liberty of the Seas roll calls are here.

Thanks for the reply and information.

It does seem that the cruise will be more popular from Barcelona. Hopefully they will cater well for passengers joining them at Toulon. It seems that many TA don't offer the 7 nights from Toulon just the 7 nights from Barcelona. So we will see :o

I booked the cruise direct and there doesn't seem to be a field to specify table size, so I have dropped them an email :)

• 4 weeks later...

Would be interested if you could post back re how it is joining at Toulon. Liberty is doing the same next year as well with options to board in Barcelona, Toulon or Naples. The Toulon fares seem to be cheaper, but I'm not sure how it would work out price wise travelling from Nice airport, could end up the same in the long run, so would just be interested in you experiences. Tks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Radox1

was just wondering if you were back and could give us some insight

to starting the cruise from Toulon

we are doing the same in september and any info would be greatly

appreciated

Damon

We have been on this cruise for 3x from Barcelona, the welcome show is not really a miser and there will be constant reruns on your interactive TV.

*It would amaze me that they would not do a live repeat for the guests getting on in Toulon but can not confirm this

You will get on, in Toulon, during the formal night (unless they changed it since there are two embarkation ports), so you will have the captain welcome aboard party with a complimentary glass of fizz at 8pm.

There are but a few tables for two in the MDR for set dinner time (most tables for two are for the my time option on deck5). You will have to be lucky that you got one of them HOWEVER do not worry about this, large table or not, you are bound to have a great time.

Thankyou all for the info

was hoping to contact Radox1 has they where doing

the itinary from Toulon and was wondering if there is anything specific

about boarding in Toulon

things like boarding times, kids clubs and when the rooms became available

but any info on this cruise is most welcome

Damon

Archived