Would You Sail the Titanic II?

MrPete

Absolutely! I'm up for time-travel! A classic ocean liner voyage that's evocative of the era but with the exacting safety standards of today? Sign me up! I would even drape myself in a suitably elegant Edwardian-style garment for a formal night. (I'd love to do a world cruise on Cunard, too--have to wait a few years for that!):D

We live in a building that was built in 1911 so we love "old crap"!:D Seriously, we've restored all remaining fixtures, the wainscotting, the huge iron tub--all that-- big beautiful doors, and hardware-- so yeah, it sounds interesting to me.

On the other hand, safety issues and cost would have to affect the appointing--endless panels of fire-proof fake wood....:eek: I'd have to wear rose-colored spectacles to suspend my belief!:D

This guy is a joker ;-) Is he really gonna get this project started?

As for this being built by the Chinese -what kind of workers is he going to have? Whatever workers are employed by that shipyard? The Chinese are going full-steam ahead in their engineering and construction of military ships. They are learning how to refurbish an ex-Soviet aircraft carrier (the Varyag) and have plans to build one themselves. Of course, the best engineers and builders are in the military. What kind of engineering help does this guy have?

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Seriously??? Didn't I just say I would not sail on this ship (bad ju-ju and all that jazz).

Sorry about that, quoted the wrong poster!:(

Of course. If the price was right.

Just went to the Titanic Artifact Exhibit. They said that 3rd class tickets were $40 in 1912 (or $900 now) and 1st class tickets were $2000-$4000 in 1912 (or $45,000-$90,000 now). :eek:

I can't imagine paying $900 today to share a bunk room with 3 total strangers, no air conditioning, and two bathrooms to be shared with the entire 3rd class! (They said that back then, people took a bath once a week, so 2 bathrooms with one bathtub each were more than sufficient for hundreds of passengers...! )

Wonder what tickets on Titanic II would cost!

Keep in mind that it would be fitted with modern safety and guidance systems--which means that it would need the required number of life boats.

If the ship essentially looked like the original Titanic, home-ported in the US, and was affordably priced, then yes, I would sail on her.

Just went to the Titanic Artifact Exhibit. They said that 3rd class tickets were $40 in 1912 (or $900 now) and 1st class tickets were $2000-$4000 in 1912 (or $45,000-$90,000 now). :eek:

I can't imagine paying $900 today to share a bunk room with 3 total strangers, no air conditioning, and two bathrooms to be shared with the entire 3rd class! (They said that back then, people took a bath once a week, so 2 bathrooms with one bathtub each were more than sufficient for hundreds of passengers...! )

Wonder what tickets on Titanic II would cost!

Just for grins, a first class, one way ticket from Heathrow to Newark is $6200 for an 8 hour-ish non-stop flight.

Can the Kardashians go down with the ship? and the cast of Jersey Shore? :D

What would be newsworthy about that ?

A story where the Kardashian Sisters , The girls from Jersey Shore ..Or Paris Hilton didn't "go down" would be a bigger event . :)

• 2 months later...

Archived