Miami Pre-Cruise Hotel

GabbyCooks

Ok, I've read many many threads on Miami Hotels and am still stuck.

We are driving to Miami, and will park at the port, so shuttles are not important.

We are traveling with my sister's family, she insists on having dinner at the Hard Rock at Bayside.

We are also going to be there on a holiday weekend - we sail on Dec 30, so finding a cheap room Saturday night, New Years weekend, hasn't been easy.

I'm trying to find something CLEAN (:D), safe, that won't break the bank, would prefer free breakfast but can live without, not too concerned w/ pools etc (last year we booked a hotel w/ a pool for the kids - they didn't even use it lol) Mainly, just somewhere to sleep and keep our stuff safe while we have dinner. Location - safe, not tooooo far from port, and hopefully close to highway. We'll have 9 adults, 15 yo, 14 yo, and 1 yo, so will need atleast 3 rooms.

Any suggestions?

Ok, I've read many many threads on Miami Hotels and am still stuck.

We are driving to Miami, and will park at the port, so shuttles are not important.

We are traveling with my sister's family, she insists on having dinner at the Hard Rock at Bayside.

We are also going to be there on a holiday weekend - we sail on Dec 30, so finding a cheap room Saturday night, New Years weekend, hasn't been easy.

I'm trying to find something CLEAN (:D), safe, that won't break the bank, would prefer free breakfast but can live without, not too concerned w/ pools etc (last year we booked a hotel w/ a pool for the kids - they didn't even use it lol) Mainly, just somewhere to sleep and keep our stuff safe while we have dinner. Location - safe, not tooooo far from port, and hopefully close to highway. We'll have 9 adults, 15 yo, 14 yo, and 1 yo, so will need atleast 3 rooms.

Any suggestions?

Since it's only one night and you have already decided that dinner will be at Bayside I would suggest the InterContinental. It's a nice hotel with a good location. It is situated right on the water and a short walk through Bayfront Park to the Bayside Marketplace.

Currently you can get 3 rooms online at lastminutetravel dot com for $141/room. If you call the 800 number listed you can generally get the room for $15-20 less than advertised online.

If you stay at the IC (or any other downtown hotel close to Bayside) you'll pay an extra $25-35 in parking fees! :eek:

Are you looking for a hotel offering a cruise parking deal? :confused: Check www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com for hotels offering cruise parking deals.

Often suggested is the Embassy Suites near MIA - free happy hour :D, big rooms, and wonderful breakfast. Some hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA also offer free parking deals - check out the Hampton Inn and the Homewood Suites. If a free shuttle is not included in the deal (hotel to POM-sometimes; from POM back to your car-NEVER! :mad:) plan on spending $25-30 for a cab.

From any of these hotels you can drive to Bayside for dinner -- it sounds like your sister is not interested in any suggesitons for local dining that will be far superior to the Hard Rock. :(

Good luck! :)

Thank you, I'll check those out as well! Not really looking for cruise parking. My husband is obsessed with our car and wants to park at the port, lol. I would prefer local dining, but my sister has a "cruise tradition" of eating at the Hard Rock, so we're along for the ride :)

My husband is obsessed with our car and wants to park at the port, lol.

Your husband is a wise man.

I would prefer local dining, but my sister has a "cruise tradition" of eating at the Hard Rock,

My condolences ;):p

Hampton Inn Brickell is brand new, has free breakfast and a pool. I think the daily parking is $15 but don't hold me to that.

Boutique Hotel Urbano is another choice.

I have a feeling though LMT's prices are going to be tough to beat for the IC. New Year's aside, we also have the Orange Bowl College Game that week, downtown hotels get expensive and fill up fast so try to book something soon.

Yogi

If I want to check out a price for the Intercontential on LMT..how do I do that?

I have never used LMT before. Is their a secret to it?

Thanks

Try this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1611238&page=2

If you are in doubt about what hotel you are looking at call the 800. They will generally offer a better price and will confirm the hotel before booking. :)

Archived