Zipline

kry4disney

Hi--I am new to cruising and trying to pick out excursions is driving me crazy:) however I think we are going to do the ship sponsored zipline in Jamacia and my question is you can pick different times so if I pick the first spot do they offer lockers or anything to put stuff in so when your done I would not have to go back to the ship to maybe change out of my sweaty clothes or get stuff I might want if I go shopping or to a beach? Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Hi- I noticed that you are from Rochester as well. When are you going- we are on the Carnival Freedom next Feb. over break. Sorry- I don't have an answer for your post. Which zipline tour are you taking? we are thinking of doing the tranopy adventure. I will want to hear how you like it. I just went ziplining for the first time in St Lucia last month and really enjoyed it. Have fun!:)

Hi--we are going on June 24th on the Freedom of the Seas. I think its the same zipline you are talking about--I get really tired of going back and forth between this site and the RC site when looking at the excusions. I will try to post after the cruise to give some in on the zipline.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Mariner of the Seas that docked at Falmouth on 3/22.

We had set up our excursion through the ship a few weeks prior to departure as we felt it would be a little safer that way..

We booked the Zipline tour at Rosehall...It was me and my wife and our 8 yr old and 10 yr old boys. It was a FABULOUS tour and we all had a blast.

We booked the 10:30 tour (I believe that was the time)....the boat docked a little before 8am....we met our tour group at 8:15am on the dock....got into an air conditioned mini bus (held 21 passengers)....took about a 30 min drive to Rosehall where we were dropped off at the facility. We were geared up and given our safety talk. There were locker to put your valuables in for $5. The lockers were not huge, but if you were taking clothing to change into, you could rent 2 lockers and should be fine. We then got on a 4 wheel drive mobile (held about 20 passengers)...it is a covered open air vehcle...and took about a 15 min, bumpy ride up to our first platform....there were 4 guides with us and were very safety conscious.....and funny!! There were about 7 horizontal ziplines and 2 vertical repel lines...lasted a couple hours.

At no time did I feel unsafe and all 4 of us had a blast!! Beautiful scenery!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I would also like to know what are the best zipline tours/options.

Any recommendations on canopy or zipline tours? We would like to book an independent tour. Besides the Rosehall, any other locations that are not too far from the dock? Is zipline safe for 13yrs and 11 yrs old?

So if you did this excursion, did you need to take bottled water.

I am worried about the heat and getting thirsty?

Anyone have any problems.

Also, are there restrooms?

Besides the jungle that is.

Safe travels

Sue and crew

• 4 weeks later...

I will share my experiences with the 2 zip lines i have done in jamaica. I did both through the cruise ships-Carnival. One was in Montego Bay-the other was the tranopy tour in Ocho Rios which included the bobsled as well.

I have done several other canopy tours as well including Costa Rica. I love love love love the Chukka park canopy tour in Montego Bay! It was by far my favorite canopy tour. The guides were awesome, I felt completely safe and the views were amazing.

In Ocho Rios...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring zip line. Not worth the money, neither was the bobsled for that matter. the best part of that excursion was the ride up the "mountain" in the "ski lift". That was a very nice, peaceful & scenic ride. there was a nice little restaurant at the top and a great observation deck to take photos of the ships in port. a small pool was there too with a small slide. the grounds were very pretty however. there were lockers, and you were shuttled on buses between port and Mystic mountain.

Ocho Rios is a very long drive/distance away from Montego bay. I personally would never do that unless it was a ship excursion. Roads and traffic and drivers are horrible. However, Dunns River Falls is beautiful. If you plan on cruising again (hopefully right?! lol) i'd save Ocho Rios for a stop there, do the canopy tour in MoBay. That way you are not spending most of your time commuting between the two cities.

There was a gift shop at both locations you can purchase drinks etc. We carried a backpack/hike pack with us, and carried our own bottled water. Bring $'s to purchase your photos (in Mobay they take photos) and they are worth it. but you can try to photograph yourself. I do not recall photos on the zipline in Ocho Rios being taken but they did on the bobsled.

I cannot recall lockers, but I would think both places had them. Restrooms were at both locations. We stayed in our clothes. We did get a light rain on us in both locations, but we were dry in no time so it was not a big deal. In MoBay, the canopy tour required more walking/hiking then O.R., but the views were certainly worth it.

I hope this helps a little.

Yes, I would also like to know what are the best zipline tours/options.

Any recommendations on canopy or zipline tours? We would like to book an independent tour. Besides the Rosehall, any other locations that are not too far from the dock? Is zipline safe for 13yrs and 11 yrs old?

Your kids will love it as long as they do not have a huge fear of heights. The canopy tour in MoBay is by far the best, you are in the jungle....and it's beautiful and exciting...we had people of all ages on our excursion. Safe-absolutely. my biggest fear...is i saw a girl (on TV once on another zip tour) got her hair stuck in the pulley) So if you have long hair, braid it...they also give you hard hats. i were one of my husbands ball caps, then put the hard had over that. i just wanted to make sure my hair wouldn't get caught...so braid it, keep tucked or down low if you have long hair. that was my only fear...

p.s. they use double cables and pulleys in Mobay...very safe.

• 2 months later...

We are going in late November and do not want an excursion involving water or beach so zipline sounds good. We have done the Pirates of Carribean extreme zipline in Roatan.

I'm a little confused with the Ocho Rios vs Mobay references to different ziplines. Neither of those would be the Rosehall one offered by RCCL while docking in Falmouth, right? Rosehall isn't in Ocho Rios is it?

The ship offered zipline to Rosehall is the best option for ship docked in Falmouth?

Thanks.

Archived