How far is Oslo from the port? What is there to see in Oslo?

LITTLE OWL

Oslo is the final port of call on our cruise on the Grand Princess in June. I would like to know how far it is from the port to Oslo city and whether it is possible to walk from the port to the city or if I'll need to take a taxi/train/bus? I don't want to spend lots on an expensive excursion but would like to see Oslo. Any help/suggestions would be greatfully received.

Oslo is one of our favorite cities! The harbour is right in Oslo, and is lovely. Just walkling along the Harbour is pleasurable -- lots of shops, outdoor cafes, interesting things to see. The Nobel Peace Center is right on the Harbor as well, and well worth your time. All the other places mentioned are good, too. The bus system is excellent -- you can get around to all of the places mentioned by bus and ferry, for very little money.

Norway is very expensive, though -- meals and lodging there cost a lot, so don't be too surprised to spend $20 or more on a meal that would cost about a third of that in the US!

The Vigeland Sculpture Park, located in Frogner Park, is not to be missed. I've never seen anything like it, anywhere. Absolutely breath-taking.

Absolutely!!! from the granite pillar with over 100 human figures on it, to the fountain with the tree of life sculptures to the broad walkway with the bronzes on both sides,it is absolutely NOT to be missed.

I live in Oslo, so feel free to ask any questions!

It's a beutiful walk from the port to the city. You can take the bus/tram but it cost almost $10 when you pay the driver, and they only take cash. So if you plan on taking the bus/tram/subway you should buy this ; http://www.visitoslo.com/en/activities-and-attractions/oslo-pass/prices/

You can use all type of public transportation and gives you free entrance to more than 30 museums and attractions.

If you need to find out about bus schedule and etc, check out this;

http://ruter.no/en/

Archived