How Often Does Prices Drop? What's The Most OBC You Received??

Big Jay

I Cruise Solo!! But With This 200% Carnivial Is Really Making It Hard!!

I Live In NYC, And To Cruise From There Is So Expensive!!

I Really Would Like To Sail On The Splendor, When She Comes To NY, But The Prices Are So Darn High!!:mad:

The number of price drops vary quite a bit depending on a lot of things. I have 2 rooms booked on the Destiny. For 3 months the prices did nothing but rise. Last month the inside cabin dropped 4 times for a total of $70pp. The balcony cabin only dropped once for $20pp.

This is all before the final payment so none of this was made into OBC, the final payment has been reduced by the price drops. The most OBC I had was $180, $100 FCC and $40pp in price drops after the final payment.

I have always had some kind of drop with ES but some cruises it was frequent others were only once or twice.

The number of price drops vary quite a bit depending on a lot of things. I have 2 rooms booked on the Destiny. For 3 months the prices did nothing but rise. Last month the inside cabin dropped 4 times for a total of $70pp. The balcony cabin only dropped once for $20pp.

This is all before the final payment so none of this was made into OBC, the final payment has been reduced by the price drops. The most OBC I had was $180, $100 FCC and $40pp in price drops after the final payment.

I have always had some kind of drop with ES but some cruises it was frequent others were only once or twice.

Thanks!!! Now I See.... You Get The OBC, AFTER The Final Payment!!!:)

The most OBC we received was during the Swine Flu debacle. zSomehow we were allowed to rebook the same cruise. Went from an OV quad to 2 aft balconies and more than $2,000OBC.

Otherwise a few hundred at most.

yes, if there is a price drop before final payment (and you are booked under Early Saver)...they will just adjust your balance due....(obc if the price drop is after final payment)

I've had pretty good luck with price drops....last year, we booked a vista suite at $1299pp....and had 2 price drops before final payment, down to $1089pp

Last Thanksgiving....we had a $30pp drop on our cabin before final payment...

And we are booked for the Bahamas for Jan.....and recently had a $60pp drop:D

I like price drops :D

I was told they don't automatically adjust this, that you have to "watch it" every day so that if it drops you can call right then and ask... I'm sorta annoyed by this, because I really don't like logging into the carnival website EVERY SINGLE DAY but i don't wanna miss a price drop either...

Is that true?

Thanks!

I was told they don't automatically adjust this, that you have to "watch it" every day so that if it drops you can call right then and ask... I'm sorta annoyed by this, because I really don't like logging into the carnival website EVERY SINGLE DAY but i don't wanna miss a price drop either...

Is that true?

Thanks!

Yes, its true

Is that true?

Thanks!

Yes, you fill out an on-line form requesting the price drop.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Unless you booked through a TA then the TA must request the drop for you.

yes, if there is a price drop before final payment (and you are booked under Early Saver)...they will just adjust your balance due....(obc if the price drop is after final payment)

I've had pretty good luck with price drops....last year, we booked a vista suite at $1299pp....and had 2 price drops before final payment, down to $1089pp

Last Thanksgiving....we had a $30pp drop on our cabin before final payment...

And we are booked for the Bahamas for Jan.....and recently had a $60pp drop:D

I like price drops :D

Me Too!!!!!!:)

What of you pay in full and the price drops before the final payment date? Will you get a refund? Or just OBC? And what if you don't spend all your OBC on the cruise? Will they refund the money?

My Mum paid in full when she booked on Early Saver, as a result with 3 price drops, I was able to put the forms in and get her $ 504.18 (change in tax rate explains the cents), as she has already paid it has gone as OBC for the cruise. I don't know if you get OBC back though as we have always spent the little bits we get but I doubt it knowing how cruise lines like to profit.

Archived