PART 3!! **OFFICIAL** FUNNEL FUNATICS feelin' the BREEZE 11/24/12 US INAUGURAL!!!

I heard they were doing this...they are now realizing the ramifications of their overbooking scheme:rolleyes: I am on the other end, trying to get my husband into my cabin for 2!

This is what scares me.I am in cabin 2338, a cabin for up to 3 people while it is just me and my Girlfriend. I have been paid in full since March 3rd, 8 months in advance. My fear now is that they may call me with such an offer, (50%) and when I say no, they just decide to bump me off anyway and force me to take it on another cruise. If they did that, it would DEFINITELY would be my last Carnival cruise. :mad:

Evening Chris! Imagine that, feeling better when you left work!:D Find anything interesting on the Curucao forum?

Work is a cluster f*#& right now so no, not yet. Probably won't happen for a couple weeks. I honestly probably won't have time for much over the next couple of weeks.

Interesting that they are already making offers for people to cancel this cruise. I hope they don't waste their time calling me :cool:

Good luck Linny!!!

I really can't believe Carnival would screw things up but it looks like they did.. :eek: I better be able to stay in the same room as I was booked awhile ago and have paid in full.. Fingers crossed for everyone who are having issues with Carnival..

Yes, they sure did make a mess of this one. Your cabin should be appearing on Carnival's site...just keep an eye on it. Remember last year when they moved me from my large balcony cabin aft to a regular balcony cabin all the way forward on the Freedom??? I spit nails all over Carnival until they finally gave me a suite for their screw up. Gotta watch them like a hawk:rolleyes:

It sure looks like it..That could be why our final payment is not showing up on the site..:eek:

It's possible that Crucon makes all the final payments at once...not sure, but that's a possibility...

This is what scares me.I am in cabin 2338, a cabin for up to 3 people while it is just me and my Girlfriend. I have been paid in full since March 3rd, 8 months in advance. My fear now is that they may call me with such an offer, (50%) and when I say no, they just decide to bump me off anyway and force me to take it on another cruise. If they did that, it would DEFINITELY would be my last Carnival cruise. :mad:

They can't kick you off the cruise for having a cabin for 3...worst they can do is move you to a cabin for 2 (which at the moment they obviously don't have). They could make the 50% offer to you, but you're not forced to take it...;)

Wow catchup gave me a shocker tonight, hope to hear Crucon has fixed it ASAP!!!

Good evening funatics, me with the pulled neck muscle:eek: is home, not too long for the computer for sure, ouchie

Somehow I missed your post lastnite...how did you pull your neck muscle??:( Hope it's feeling better today!

Good morning funatics!! Happy Hump Day:D

Let's hope Linny gets Dave on da boat today:eek: Never have heard of such goings on!!!

I know...Johna said in 8 years she has never heard such a thing! Dave thinks a bunch of big wigs decided to book this one and they let them, despite the fact there was no space. I understand having a waiting list, but not flat out overbooking!:mad:

Good Morning Breezer!

Have a great day!

Good morning, Taylor! What are you up to today?

Mornin all !

Slow going this am lol

Linny hope you get your cabin fixed with Dave

All have a great day :)

Thanks, Dox! You feeling better today?

Work is a cluster f*#& right now so no, not yet. Probably won't happen for a couple weeks. I honestly probably won't have time for much over the next couple of weeks.

Interesting that they are already making offers for people to cancel this cruise. I hope they don't waste their time calling me :cool:

Good luck Linny!!!

Thanks Chris! Sorry work is on bad behavior...hope it settles soon. I know those periods and they are NOT fun:(

Happy hump day, peeps! Enjoying doing a lot of next to nothing on my vacation. Have a Dr appt today for my knee from the fall in April....not thinking there is much they're going to be able to do for it:rolleyes:

Catch up with y'all later for happy hours, hopefully with good news!:p

Somehow I missed your post lastnite...how did you pull your neck muscle??:( Hope it's feeling better today!

I know...Johna said in 8 years she has never heard such a thing! Dave thinks a bunch of big wigs decided to book this one and they let them, despite the fact there was no space. I understand having a waiting list, but not flat out overbooking!:mad:

Good morning, Taylor! What are you up to today?

A LOT of trvl agts have been invited for the 2 dayer - I know Cynthia has.

I told her today I would canx the 2 day if CCL will make it worth my while :)

Well I have some good news....

I just checked my edocs for this cruise and although nothing about what room # has show up, I went from wait-listed on late dining to confirmed for late dining!

So at least I can have dinner now..

still nothing about final payment still shows "As Agreed"

I just checked my edocs for this cruise and although nothing about what room # has show up, I went from wait-listed on late dining to confirmed for late dining!

Mine still says "as agreed" too.. :rolleyes: Yea on your dining!! :D

Wow Linda...I sure hope they can get it all worked out and get Dave in the room.

This is absolute crazy for Carnival to over book like they did.

I tried calling Johnna today to make final payment on both of my cruises but still waiting for her to return my call. Will try again tomorrow.

On this cruise I booked a Guarantee room. The second day after booking it gave me a room number under Manage my Cruise (:eek::eek:522 days out) but then on my edocs it says TBA. Monies say "As Agreed". Not sure if the room on the Manage my Cruise is the correct room or not. Thought it weird they would assign it at 522 days out and wouldn't say what it was on the edocs.

On my second half of this cruise it gives me the room number on both and gives me the total paid for that cruises.

Hi Portia! Good to see you posting! Your camping trip sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I was going to SF with you cause I really like Al Jarreau!;) Hitting the Bingo jackpot had to be exciting, Really glad for you!

I can't wait for the next camping trip. It was a lot of fun. We were at our campsite, then visited another campsite, sang karaoke (not me) and had some great food. We also squeezed in a picnic in the park. It was one of my best weekends in a long time.

The weather here has been very hot lately. SF tends to be a little colder. I'll dress in layers for the afternoon sun.

They finished the kitchen today. 2 more bathrooms and we are about done. Now to start saving again. ;)

I was looking at my Hawaii cruise in Jan. Final payment is due in Nov, so I need to pay by Oct to get it out the way.

Good morning funatics!! WOOOHOO to TGIF!!!:p

Nice win Portia, congrats!!

Lynne, keeping up with the Olympics is wearing me out:eek:, loved the gymnastics!!!:D

Thanks Floatie. I almost won $6k the next week, but than damn B6 would not come out

Awww, that's cute! I love it when little ones experience new things for the first time!

Thanks, Lois...it's a process, I guess. I think she feels a little better today, so fingers crossed. I am really going to need this cruise!!

Thanks, Portia! That is terrible about the staff at that hospital! You're a nicer person than I would have been. How is your sister now? Hope all is ok.

Glad you enjoyed the camping trip! I forgot what you said the name of the group is...I wanted to tell my son-in-law about it.

Congrats on the big win! Wow, the whole house got painted before you realized you didn't like it? LOL! Poor Dave repainted the front door and entryway 3 times before I was happy with it:o

Linda,

Thanks for asking about my sister. She is doing well and back to work. The hospital staff is not what is used to be.

I hope my bingo luck continues. That's my weekend job :D

I sould have spoke up sooner, but I had bought the (custom) paint, and it could not be returned and thought it would grow on me. I had to dig in my pocket for them to re-paint, but did not mind. I know if I let them leave it may have cost more to fine a new crew and I would not have been happy. The original color was peach, but when they finished, it was more pink, and I could not stand it. It's now a soft brown and looks alot better.

The name of the social group is meet up. They are national. Have him check all of his interests and they will start sending him invites.

Linda,

Thanks for asking about my sister. She is doing well and back to work. The hospital staff is not what is used to be.

I hope my bingo luck continues. That's my weekend job :D

I sould have spoke up sooner, but I had bought the (custom) paint, and it could not be returned and thought it would grow on me. I had to dig in my pocket for them to re-paint, but did not mind. I know if I let them leave it may have cost more to fine a new crew and I would not have been happy. The original color was peach, but when they finished, it was more pink, and I could not stand it. It's now a soft brown and looks alot better.

The name of the social group is meet up. They are national. Have him check all of his interests and they will start sending him invites.

Glad to hear she is ok!

I know what you mean about the paint...better that you got it done rather than suffer with it and try to arrange to have it done later.

Thanks for giving me the group name again...I will email him tonite, before I forget again;):o

Hi Funatics....do we have a bartender tonite? I could really use a few stiff ones:rolleyes:

So Crucon has failed me...I am not happy. They were not able to get anywhere in dealing with the upper levels of management at Carnival. So they are telling me to go try to fight it myself, and as we know, Carnival won't talk to you if you didn't book directly with them. So I have no recourse except to go to John Heald and Gerry Cahill to see if that will get me anywhere. I am beyond livid at this point.:mad: And I think I see what is going on here. Since the prices for this cruise skyrocketed after we booked, they are trying to get rid of the people who paid the low prices and fill in the cabins with the people who are overbooked at the higher rates! Shame on them...I really think this is the end of Carnival for us. This is the 2nd cruise they've screwed us on...nice way to treat your Platinum customers:mad:

Hi Funatics....do we have a bartender tonite? I could really use a few stiff ones:rolleyes:

So Crucon has failed me...I am not happy. They were not able to get anywhere in dealing with the upper levels of management at Carnival. So they are telling me to go try to fight it myself, and as we know, Carnival won't talk to you if you didn't book directly with them. So I have no recourse except to go to John Heald and Gerry Cahill to see if that will get me anywhere. I am beyond livid at this point.:mad: And I think I see what is going on here. Since the prices for this cruise skyrocketed after we booked, they are trying to get rid of the people who paid the low prices and fill in the cabins with the people who are overbooked at the higher rates! Shame on them...I really think this is the end of Carnival for us. This is the 2nd cruise they've screwed us on...nice way to treat your Platinum customers:mad:

Here you go girlie! Hope you can get everything worked out!

11037765.jpg

Oh Linny!! That is awful!!! :eek: I still don't understand why you can't put other half of you in the room.. It just sux!! I wonder if this will make the news??

Dinner is good!:D It seems that it's "all a process" with Carnival lately!:)

Archived