PART 3!! **OFFICIAL** FUNNEL FUNATICS feelin' the BREEZE 11/24/12 US INAUGURAL!!!

My son was working in the Pentagon on 9/11 --one week prior they had moved his office to the other side---- if he'd been in the original office, he would be gone

Of couse, all the cell phones had no service and I couldnt reach him - I was frantic !

Hi Dox! Hope your recent doctor's visit went well and you're feeling much better today!:)

Good Morning Breezers! I'm trying to stay positive right now but it's pretty hard with everything going on. My Dad is back in the hospital (but it doesn't appear to be anything serious). I'll never forget this day 11 years ago (I have a tattoo to prove it). And I think I'm about to make the hardest decision I've ever had to make :(

Chris thoughts are with your dad. And hope you find clarity for your decision.

Evening Linny! It has been a sad day indeed! Had a long meeting today, but we did observe a few moments of silence this morning. What color t-shirt did you order? I'm so ready for this cruise...

I am so ready for the cruise, too. We got light blue shirts...hope mine fits!:eek::o

Hello my friends...glad this day is almost over...it takes a toll on everyone in this country:(

Ward, glad you had a good cruise! Looking forward to stories...your reputation precedes you!;) Was Bob along for the ride?

I'm still getting acclimated to life back on land....

Bob was not along for this trip, I behaved for the most part, it was a nice low key vacation.

Quite the surprise of the trip was the dolphin excursion in freeport. I was not supposed to go but was asked to go in the place of someone at the last minute. Due to the shortened times in Freeport, we literately made it back on the ship and they pulled the gang plank up behind us!

I had all sort of fun interacting with the ship entertainment staff! got a few stories really only fit for telling on the ship!

I called into the morning show and did a shout out to the Funatics (granted only myself and Becky were the only two of that illustrious group actually on board)

Met some great people as always!

More to come....

Bob was not along for this trip, I behaved for the most part, it was a nice low key vacation.

Quite the surprise of the trip was the dolphin excursion in freeport. I was not supposed to go but was asked to go in the place of someone at the last minute. Due to the shortened times in Freeport, we literately made it back on the ship and they pulled the gang plank up behind us!

I had all sort of fun interacting with the ship entertainment staff! got a few stories really only fit for telling on the ship!

I called into the morning show and did a shout out to the Funatics (granted only myself and Becky were the only two of that illustrious group actually on board)

More to come....

LOL! Were you the people that other people from their balconies were yelling: Run Run Run!?

LOL! Were you the people that other people from their balconies were yelling: Run Run Run!?

LOL not quite! In Freeport the gangway is just 30 feet from the entrance/exit gate . We were due to depart at 1:30pm, and I boarded at 1:27pm...

They pulled the gangway just a minute after.

They were sounding the ships horn when we pulled up in our bus. Thankfully it was a carnival booked excursion and at least 20+ people were on the bus with us. I dont think they were really gonna leave without us!

The only other close call like that was in St Lucia I stepped back off the ship at the last second to find a charging cable for my phone (lost it at the hotel at port).... I stepped back on with 1 minute to spare and they pulled the gangway up behind me. Just before they closed the doors a group of about 5 came running around the corner screaming wait wait wait!... they let them on, but a few minutes later they would have been left!

Sorry, I had a long post typed out and by the time I hit submit, we had lost internet at work. I'm home now so I can get some things done but it's been an emotional day.

My Dad is doing fine (thanks for all the well wishes). Apparently the blood thinner they put him on was too strong and it took a toll on him. They sorted it out and he's feeling much better.

On the other hand, I am heartbroken. We have decided to give Vasher back to the breeder (jeez, I cried my eyes out earlier when I originally wrote this and now I'm doing it all over again). I love my little boy but we are just not ready for the 24/7/365 of dog ownership. I wish I had realized this before I fell in love with him but it's putting a strain on me and Cass' relationship and I refuse to ever let anything hurt that. This was not a decision that we came to easily and we've both been in tears for the better part of the day. I know that this is the right decision for everyone (including Vasher) but that does not mean it is an easy one.

Sorry, I had a long post typed out and by the time I hit submit, we had lost internet at work. I'm home now so I can get some things done but it's been an emotional day.

My Dad is doing fine (thanks for all the well wishes). Apparently the blood thinner they put him on was too strong and it took a toll on him. They sorted it out and he's feeling much better.

On the other hand, I am heartbroken. We have decided to give Vasher back to the breeder (jeez, I cried my eyes out earlier when I originally wrote this and now I'm doing it all over again). I love my little boy but we are just not ready for the 24/7/365 of dog ownership. I wish I had realized this before I fell in love with him but it's putting a strain on me and Cass' relationship and I refuse to ever let anything hurt that. This was not a decision that we came to easily and we've both been in tears for the better part of the day. I know that this is the right decision for everyone (including Vasher) but that does not mean it is an easy one.

Glad your father is doing better.

I understand how hard it is to make that sort of decision. All I can offer is some perhaps overused advice, but its still true. Time will heal all.

You and Cass (and Vasher) are in my thoughts.

So sorry you have to give him up. We will all miss him too. We know you loved him Dearly but, like you said, Cassie is most dear to you. Just keep him in your heart and maybe you can try again in the future with an older puppy. Sorry for your loss. Happy things worked out with your Father.

Just saw this. Sure glad your Dad is doing better. That's scary when they don't get the blood thiner right. I teared up a bit reading about the V-dog story. Such a great pouch in so many ways...as the song says, if he wasn't so bad, he'd be good. But you probably made a good decision for your situation. Maybe down the road these things will line up better for the two of you. And at least the breeder will find V a good home. So head out in a joy-ride spin around town in the new car with your best girl as a way to start not missing him. Best to you, your family, and your Dad for a speedy recovery on all accounts.

Good evening, Funatics...

Chris, I am very happy to hear that your Dad is doing better! I'm so sorry to hear about Vasher, but I certainly understand your reasoning and your grief. I have been there before...sometimes the whole fit and situation is just not right, and there isn't much you can do. And stressing your relationship with Cass is not a good thing at all. Parenthood, even with puppies, is not for everyone at certain times in our lives, but blessedly, the circumstances can change down the road and you can have another chance. Be secure in knowing that you guys gave him a wonderful and loving start, way better than many dogs get in their lifetimes. Hugs to you both:)

Floatie, hope you had a safe trip to FLL!

Ward, looking forward to your stories...so glad you weren't one of the ones who had to be paged on the ship!:eek:

Dox, are you feeling better? Don't play around with that ulcer...it can get nasty!

I managed to get our 2nd discount on the 2 day...total of $80 so far...not a lot, but better than nothing;)

I've lost 10 lbs since our May cruise...only a drop in the bucket for what I need to lose, but then again, better than nothing:p

Actually going to work in the office tomorrow for the first time since the end of April! Going to be strange, especially now that we can't smoke on the property:eek:

Sorry to hear of your decision, as I know it had to be difficult. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers... :) Glad to hear your dad is on the mend!

More to come....

Looking forward to hearing the "real" details!;)

70 Days 'til we cruise on the Breeze,

70 Days 'til we cruise!

After this Day has happened to pass,

69 Days 'til we cruise on the Breeze:D

Hi Pizza! Hope your day was good! Can hardly believe how fast those numbers are dropping lately..:) I better come out of la-la land and start getting some cruise things done!:);)

Chris sorry to hear you and Cass couldn't make it work with Vasher. I can tell you guys tried really hard to make it work and sounds like you gave him a great start. Dogs are great, but a lot of hard work, especially with a puppy. I rescued an abused dog a number of years ago and unfortunately I only had him for 2 weeks because he got out and bit my neighbor. The poor thing didn't have a chance, unfortunately he was deemed to be a vicious dog and had to be put down. Even in that short time he burned a place in my heart.

Perhaps you can volunteer at a shelter to get dog time without the ownership challenges. I love dogs too but know that a dog is too much for me which is why I have 2 loving cats.

Mornin all !

Mr insomnia visited me last night, yuk

Chris, so sorry about Vasher - puppies are a lot of work, but they do get better I lnow your heart is heavy. Maybe like pizza said obedience school would help

Gretchen is doing much better on the house breaking and she doesnt mind the crate at bedtime. But she still thinks everything is "hers" so we have to be careful on what we leave out.

Almost Friday gang

All have a great day :)

Good morning funatics! Greetings from FLL, ah just working down here in cruiseland brings that cruise feeling to the forefront:D

Hugs to you and Cass, Chris, that's a tough decision, and a loving one for Vasher in the long run:)

Oh Ward, you get those cruisetales ready for lido, I am putting Lido Storytime on the fungenda:eek::p And don't worry, ALL are expected to contribute:p

Archived