badly need critic members help

catsym

Hi we are cruising in august on oceanias new riviera, embarking Venice and arriving one day before, am a bit bamboozled with all on the internet, can anyone who's done Venice before help me with a name of a hotel and also name and price of company for a transfer from marco polo to hotel, thank you so much

Hi we are cruising in august on oceanias new riviera, embarking Venice and arriving one day before, am a bit bamboozled with all on the internet, can anyone who's done Venice before help me with a name of a hotel and also name and price of company for a transfer from marco polo to hotel, thank you so much

Hi. It's a pity no one has responded to your query. We are going Thursday, so I will tell you what I would suggest. If you want an hotel close to the cruise terminal, then you need something in or near Piazza Roma. Other cc members here have booked Hotel Olimpia on Piazza Roma. Check veniceforvisitors.com. It is an excellent resource. As for taxi from the airport, you have a few choices: private water taxi, c.€100, bus to Piazza Roma €5 or vaporetto from airport(like a public bus) about €6.50 one way(cheaper Tourist travel cards available from booths and machines.) Ask the hotel to name you the vaporetto routes you need. Again, the website and the cruise critic thread on 'Italy Ports' has lots on information. Enjoy.

Although I have not yet been to Venice I will be staying there in October for 2 nights before a cruise. We have reservations at Santa Chiara hotel which as I understand you can take a land taxi right to the hotel from the airport, and then take a taxi to the pier. Apparently there are no bridges to cross and not alot of walking with our luggage which is why we picked this place.

Try Locanda Orseolo not far from St. Marks. Water taxi goes right to their window. Gets wonderful reviews and the nicest people. Gets great reviews on trip advisor and gives a wonderful breakfast.

Archived