Ravello - more than one location??

Meena

We visited Ravello last year where they had the gardens you bought admission to. I then saw on TV on a series (Ashley Judd's Missing) where some scenes were filmed in Ravello and it looked completely different from where we visited. We were in a small piazza with some shops and this garden museum; she was on a waterfront with restaurants and shops which looked more like the town of Amalfi. Is there another part of town other than were we were as I would love to visit the Ravello I saw on TV! Thanks.

http://0.tqn.com/d/goitaly/1/0/I/0/-/-/amalfi_coast_map.gif

This link is to a map..... Amalfi coast area.

It shows Ravello in its correct location which is NOT on the coast but rather in the mountains above Amalfi.

Wouldn't be the first time that a movie/tv show has misrepresented a location ........

Agree that Ravello is charming and definitely worth a visit (or two ;) since we have been twice now )

You mean Hollywood fudged something? :eek: No! :rolleyes:

We've been to Ravello twice as well and also love it. It is above Amalfi and not on the coast directly. There are some nice ceramic shops there.

• 1 year later...
We visited Ravello last year where they had the gardens you bought admission to. I then saw on TV on a series (Ashley Judd's Missing) where some scenes were filmed in Ravello and it looked completely different from where we visited. We were in a small piazza with some shops and this garden museum; she was on a waterfront with restaurants and shops which looked more like the town of Amalfi. Is there another part of town other than were we were as I would love to visit the Ravello I saw on TV! Thanks.

Is this the Ravello you went to ?

It is high above Amalfi

All the best, Tony

The Amalfi Coast is heaven on earth!!!

To OP, there are several hotels that have views that are different from what you'd see in the main areas of Ravello. On of them for example (Caruso???) has stunning views and a great restaurant.

Edited by Tommy3putts