St John NB motorcycle

We're going to be in St Johns the last week of June. We want to rent a Motorcycle, and go to the reversing falls, St Martin, and as of yet, points unknown. Looking at a map of St John, I'm having second thoughts. It looks like super highway all the way out to St Martins.

I guess I'm asking is there a pleasant, but not too time consuming ride out to St Martin, are any roads in the area off limits to motorcycles, will I experience tolls and if so, I assume I must pay them in Canadian money?

General opinions about whether this is a good/bad idea welcome, just please tell me why.

Thanks!

The direct route to St Martins is a 2 lane regular country road, not a highway. There are no road tolls here. I'm just wondering where you can rent a motorbike here??

The direct route to St Martins is a 2 lane regular country road, not a highway. There are no road tolls here. I'm just wondering where you can rent a motorbike here??

Eldriges Honda/Harley Davidson.

So it's a pleasant ride to the reversing falls and St Martins then?

I second the comments of Acey. It is a nice ride. The road passes by the airport out through the country. There are other routes that are very nice as well. On a map find Rothsey. The road the follows the river from Saint John out to Gondola Point, take the free ferry across, and continue. Beautiful country side, towns and villages. Enjoy your visit and ride.

There are a lot of nice areas not far from Saint John and you don't have to take the highway if you choose not to. Nice scenery well worth investigating. Have fun:)

Eldriges Honda/Harley Davidson.

So it's a pleasant ride to the reversing falls and St Martins then?

Is your ultimate destination St Martin's?? As LiftLockCouple referenced, there are beautiful rides along rivers and bays. In fact, the St John river is known as the Rhine of North America. The rivers have a system of cable ferries as part of their route. I would drive Rt 100 to Gondola Point, take ferry to Kingston Peninsula, explore village of Kingston area, drive around the peninsula and take ferry back over to Millidgeville neighborhood of Saint John or drive the River Valley route to Grand Bay and back to Saint John. If you go to google maps for Saint John, New Brunswick and zoom out you will get an idea of the inland waterways. Best part is you will most likely have road to yourself at other end of ferry and drive through scenic wooded areas.

Archived