Best storage tips etc. inside cabins

I am sure a lot of people will suggest bringing things for organizing, but I find that just bringing less stuff is best. Your suitcases will fit under the bed, so that helps save a lot of room. Otherwise, there are closets for all the clothes and shoes. I get a little, well, crazy about keeping the room clean and organized because I am like that at home. I think the best bet is to keep things put away and the room stays organized. When you get out of the shower, put the dirty clothes into the suitcase. When you're done putting makeup on, or whatever, put it all back in the drawer or your make up bag.

When I cruised with five in an inside cabin (Fantasy class), I hung a shoe organizer over the bathroom door and we all had designated pockets for our toiletries/personal care items. Other than that, there's plenty of room. Just put suitcases under the bed...plenty of room underneath for large suitcases. There was a ton of closet space and a bunch of drawers.

When I cruised with two in an inside cabin (also Fantasy class), I left the over-the-door organizer home and there was so much room that we didn't even use most of the drawers or closet space.

When I cruised with five in an inside cabin (Fantasy class), I hung a shoe organizer over the bathroom door and we all had designated pockets for our toiletries/personal care items. Other than that, there's plenty of room. Just put suitcases under the bed...plenty of room underneath for large suitcases. There was a ton of closet space and a bunch of drawers.

When I cruised with two in an inside cabin (also Fantasy class), I left the over-the-door organizer home and there was so much room that we didn't even use most of the drawers or closet space.

You are so right about the shoe organizer, it is a life saver.

You all are so right about the "shoe organizer", although it's not really a "shoe" organizer (may be confusing). It actually has different size pockets for storing small things, makeup, q-tips, etc. I also carry a roll up one that I keep jewelry in.

OP hope you have a great, organized time on your cruise! :)

I have never brought anything..never needed anything and yes, I always overpack. There is plenty of storage. Just put your luggage under the bed. An inside room is no smaller than a balcony room. They are the same size and have the same storage. (which is plenty).

I guess if you have more than 2 people in your cabin, I can understand the door hangovers, but I bring so much stuff and never had a problem.

I've been in in an inside with 2 other women and none of us pack light by any stretch of the imagination. There will be plenty of room. Typically, we store luggage under the bed. You may have to lift it up. There are at least 3 drawers in the vanity. Each of us gets one for things like shawls, purses for night, chargers, etc...

There is a closet with 3 shelves. We each get one for stuff that we fold and one puts their shoes at the bottom. The other two are hanging closets and none of us can fill a whole one up anyway but the other two people get the bottoms for shoes. There are lots of shelves in the bathroom. And the two nightstands have more storage.

We did not need any additional organizers.

I have never brought anything..never needed anything and yes, I always overpack. There is plenty of storage. Just put your luggage under the bed. An inside room is no smaller than a balcony room. They are the same size and have the same storage. (which is plenty).

I guess if you have more than 2 people in your cabin, I can understand the door hangovers, but I bring so much stuff and never had a problem.

In a OV or BL you have extra floor space, a sofa, two drawers under the sofa and usually an extra cabinet attached to the cabinet that has the fridge in it.

I sail almost exclusively in IS. My best tip is to keep all the extra papers thrown away. We also take all the books with the ship information and pretty jewelry adds and stuff and put it under the telephone. That free's up the space on top of the fridge cabinet for any room service trays we might have.

We don't use the bathrobes or the towels and put them out of the way, but we tell our steward so he doesn't think we've lost them. Sometimes if we ask he will simply remove them.

I usually only have one beach day, so any beach bag, bathing suit, towel....stays in the suitcase until I need it.

Hello,

I'm not sure how many people you are traveling with, but with just my husband and I and we had plenty of room. I packed a lot of stuff and I never even had to store my suitcases under the bed. We had 3 good side 'closets'. One for the suitcases, one for the stuff we had hanging and one had shelves in it. We were able to fit most of our clothes in that one. I was able to fit all my toiletries, make up and whatnot either in the bathroom or in the vanity.

Good Luck! 12 more days and I will be unpacking my suitcases in to those closets!!!!!:D

The bathroom organizer was a great idea for us. Some of the ships don't have shelves in the bathrooms...Ecstasy and Sensation only had a free standing sink with on very small shelf.

This time I have a pop up clothes hamper that will fold flat in my suitcase so take up no extra room. I think I am going to bring it because I hate pulling the suitcase out to put dirty clothes in.

We have always had plenty of shelf room for our folded clothes and I keep makeup and hair stuff in desk drawers.

Works great for us!!

The bathroom organizer was a great idea for us. Some of the ships don't have shelves in the bathrooms...Ecstasy and Sensation only had a free standing sink with on very small shelf.

This time I have a pop up clothes hamper that will fold flat in my suitcase so take up no extra room. I think I am going to bring it because I hate pulling the suitcase out to put dirty clothes in.

We have always had plenty of shelf room for our folded clothes and I keep makeup and hair stuff in desk drawers.

Works great for us!!

I bring the pop up laundry basket too, it's such a pain pulling that suitcase out from under the bed! And the hanging shoe organizer is a lifesaver. I even put my hair dryer and curling iron in there when I'm done.

I was lucky enough to find a small pop-up hamper at Dollar Tree several years ago and it works great. I keep it in my suitcase after the cruise so it's there for next year.

We are in a 4F on Freedom. Just two of us.

Pictures are always hard to get an idea of real space off of. And there are never any full washroom pics.

I like the idea of under the bed (can probably put carry on inside other suitcase).

Will look for a small pop up hamper and small over door shower organizer (they are usually smaller that shoe one).

Do we need any flashlight or alarm clock?

Thanks

We are in a 4F on Freedom. Just two of us.

Pictures are always hard to get an idea of real space off of. And there are never any full washroom pics.

I like the idea of under the bed (can probably put carry on inside other suitcase).

Will look for a small pop up hamper and small over door shower organizer (they are usually smaller that shoe one).

Do we need any flashlight or alarm clock?

Thanks

There are no clocks in the cabin. You can have a wake-up call. We take an illuminated alarm clock because we want to know the time when we wake up during the night.

A flashlight wouldn't hurt, but it is not needed. In the beginning I leave the bathroom light on so I can find the bathroom when I wake up during the night. However, after a couple of days, I realize there is just enough light coming from the hallway under the outside door and don't have to leave it on.

I'm always surprised that storage is an issue for so many people. What the heck are you all bringing?!

Hubby and I brought one suitcase and a carry-on each for our 5 day, and we didn't even use half the space available to us!

The storage is more than ample in the cabins -- four dresser drawers under the vanity, a full floor to ceiling closet, a half closet with shelves below, and a closet with floor to ceiling shelves (one shelf is mostly taken up by the safe).

I don't mean to sound like I'm being mean -- I'm just truly and honestly shocked that there are storage concerns :shrug

We have booked our first cruise and have an inside cabin.

What are good storage tips for small area? Anything special we should bring to make our stay "inside" easier?

Thanks all,

Honestly the inside rooms are small, but there is a lot of storage space. Granted we only had two people in our room, but we both overpacked. With the suitcases under the bed, shoes in the little closet that has the shelves, all of our evening clothes hung up, me with one drawer for my bathing suits and the couple pairs of shorts/tees and my husband with I think two drawers...we had plenty of room. I think we still had at least one shelf in the "shoe closet" free (and I brought like 6 pairs of shoes, no lie - we're talking heels, sneakers, water shoes, that's not even counting flip flops!) and plenty of room in the closet where we hung our clothes.

I use a mesh laundry bag and hang it on the hook in the bathroom but I do like the idea of a pop up hamper that could easly fit under the vanity/desk or in a corner. We have always had more than enough room. We had 5 in a room last year and never ran out of space!

I always bring a bunch of plastic bags with me and use them for dirty clothes instead of putting them back into the suitcase - I never "unpack" the suitcase except for things that need to hang out to get rid of wrinkles. And, plastic bags take up zero space in a suitcase or closet. I also use the plastic bags for wet bathing suits/anything that gets wet on the beach or excursions so they don't ruin everything else I have in my bag.

I also pack all my make-up, toiletries, etc in their own separate bags or cases and keep everything in their case when it's not in use. So all my make up in one bag, all hair/shower in another, all face/body in a third. Makes for easy packing and finding stuff when you need it.

I've never tried the over the door organizer, I've never really had an issue to need it but I might give it a try next time around.

We almost always travel inside cabin -- for us, the extra $ (sometimes a LOT extra!) for a balcony is just not worth it -- we are hardly ever in the cabin.

We have never had a problem with storage -- surprisingly roomy closets. As long as you keep stuff put away it's fine.

I always bring a few extra wire hangers that I leave when we debark.

I also bring a power strip -- soemtimes not a lot of outlets.

Have fun!

Here's another tip for inside cabin (nothing to do w/storage)..bring a pack of those battery operated tea lites. They can come in handy in the night when it's pitch black in the room and you need to get up and use bathroom. Even if only turning on one tea lite, the soft glow works well so you don't bump into things and hurt. Provides a nice ambiance in the cabin too. I pick mine up a local dollar store or even at craft store such as Michael's or AC Moore. As others mentioned, be sure to bring outlet strip that also has USB plugs too.

If you intend on using the over the door organizer and haven't purchased one yet, be aware that some of them don't fit well. I would suggest getting a smallish one . We sailed NCL twice and our organizer fit perfectly. When we sailed Pride I couldn't find a door wide enough to fit it on. So I stowed it away.

Also, even tho I think Carnival has plenty of storage, it's nice to be organized in such a small space. The shoe organizer is really handy but a bit of an eye sore. But I'd rather use one than not use one.

Here's another tip for inside cabin (nothing to do w/storage)..bring a pack of those battery operated tea lites. They can come in handy in the night when it's pitch black in the room and you need to get up and use bathroom. Even if only turning on one tea lite, the soft glow works well so you don't bump into things and hurt. Provides a nice ambiance in the cabin too. I pick mine up a local dollar store or even at craft store such as Michael's or AC Moore. As others mentioned, be sure to bring outlet strip that also has USB plugs too.

Yes I"ve done this the two times I've had an inside cabin and it is lovely. The second time I bought bigger ones +/- 3 inches tall both Walmarts and Target have them and they provided a lovely soft glow at night for using the bathroom.

Archived