Victor Bodden Fun-n-Sun Question

rockbock

I'm considering this tour in early October. I was planning on spending the day snorkeling with my family of 5, but I saw that this excursion includes sightseeing, the monkeys, AND two hours at the beach. My question is how good the snorkeling is right off of the beach that he brings us to? His website says the beach is soft, white sand and rock free water. While that makes for a great beach, it sounds like it would result in sub-par snorkeling. Has anybody done this specific tour who can tell me what kind of snorkeling we can expect right off of the beach?

If you don't get an answer from someone who has done it... email Bodden find out what beach they use, then pop back here with the answer, I may be able to tell you more about the beach if I know the name of it.

The soft white sand sounds like West Bay, the easy access snorkeling is just a bit farther out than the water line where the sand.

If you have not seen this thread about snorkeling West Bay,, have a look at the pics, and near the shore and reef not far out.

Course is is possible the tour goes to some other beach. :)

Thanks. I emailed Bodden early this morning. I haven't heard back yet, but I'll update you once I do.

I've also read that entire thread and posted in it a few times. It was my original intention to just take a cab to the good snorkeling area, but then I realized that it's going to cost about $20pp in cab fare for my family of 5 to snorkel.

I looked closer at the Bodden tours and realized that the private Bodden tour is probably a better option for us than the Fun-N-Sun tour. Tt would only cost us $25pp (plus $5 extra for the monkeys) to get a Bodden private tour and we can have the guide bring us to a "good" snorkeling area for part of the day AND the soft, sandy beach too!

So for $150 total, the five of us get transportation, snokeling, beach, sighseeing, monkeys, etc. Definitely the best option for us. There's NO WAY I'm going to pay $100 in cab fare, just so my family can snorkel for a few hours!

Confirmed a private tour with Bodden. Requested Tex, since he comes highly recommended, and he was available. This should be pretty awesome!

I think ya made a good choice going with tour instead of taxi.. just tell Tex snorkel off of Tabyana an you are set. :D

we did the fun and sun tour,

our guide took us to west bay beach

it was good for swimming but not snorkeling

unless you hire a boat to take you out further ,we didnt see any fish,

its a nice area to eat, and swim

we did the fun and sun tour,

our guide took us to west bay beach

it was good for swimming but not snorkeling

unless you hire a boat to take you out further ,we didnt see any fish,

its a nice area to eat, and swim

I am sorry to hear this..where on West Bay Beach were you? One does not need a boat to get to the reef. This thread is chock a block full of info about snorkeling West Bay.

This is pics I took while snorkeling in West Bay in March.

• 1 month later...

Thirsty Turtle is at Banarama. That's another little piece of West Bay beach where you can rent chairs etc. They have cruise packages for $30 per person which includes the ride, chair etc. All you needed to do was walk about 3 min down the beach to the great snorkeling in front of Tabyana. Obviously someone didn't point you in the right direction.

Confirmed a private tour with Bodden. Requested Tex, since he comes highly recommended, and he was available. This should be pretty awesome!

This is a great deal for your family. They will take you wherever you want to stop. Just pick the places you really want to see. And skip the rest.;) They will sit all day at the beach waiting for you if you want. Since you'll have a driver, you might want then to drive you to West End too to get the feel of the tiny diving town. It's just a few min away from the beach. Walk the whole beach at West Bay ( about a mile) and you'll find spots to grab a sandwich and drink. Don't just stay at Banarama if that's where they drop you.

I'm considering this tour in early October. I was planning on spending the day snorkeling with my family of 5, but I saw that this excursion includes sightseeing, the monkeys, AND two hours at the beach. My question is how good the snorkeling is right off of the beach that he brings us to? His website says the beach is soft, white sand and rock free water. While that makes for a great beach, it sounds like it would result in sub-par snorkeling. Has anybody done this specific tour who can tell me what kind of snorkeling we can expect right off of the beach?

It's fabulous. We've been on many many cruises and this was the BEST tour ever. We even took a friend that had never done snorkeling before and she was totally spoiled by the end of the day. The beginning of the beach is soft and as you progress you see coral and great fish.

Archived