Just got back

dpm dave

Well, what can i say? The ship is great, faultless apart from our cabin doing it`s best to keep us awake all night with its different vibrating bits. Every night first hour spent looking for the culprit, find it, wedge it with something then quickly drop off to sleep before something else starts up. Food? can not fault it, different every day, tasty. Drinks? never ending :eek: and cheap enough if you dont have the all inclusive, we did and the receipts came to only £130 between the 2 of us for the week, if i had to pay for the drinks package £198 each, i wouldnt bother, it is cheap enough. The trip we did was value for money, easy pisa. All the other ones we did on our own, easy enough, apart from rome, we went to colloseum, caught train in easy, walked from station, nightmare, got metro back, brilliant, 3 hours sat on train back, nightmare. Ships crew are fantastic, do anything for you, they are run ragged but always smiling, we spent most of our time in beachcomber, and sail away, better class of drunkereds there :D. Entertained every night by yo yun or ronaldo singing, great. Only little complaint is that they went overboard on the worry about the norovirus, and it didnt work because quite a few of us went down with it. Sterilisation points every where, when you walked on and off vessel, when you walked in and out of bars, restaurants, toilettes, every deck, salt and pepper pots taken of the tables, you had to ask for them to sprinkle it on or use packets, you couldnt help yourself to the buffet, they had to serve you, every thing, food and drink, tea, cofee. On the last day, EVERY ONE was told to be off the ship by 11.00 so they could do a deep clean, we had to be put into a hotel in can pastilla for the remainder of the day.

Apart from that a great holiday, overdone the sun:o overdone the drinks:eek:, will we go again? YOU BET WE WILL:) Hoping to do the olives and ouzo.

Great you had a good time Dave, thanks for helping put our minds at ease. For the price we paid I'm willing to put up with the creaking and vibration, only gutted that I didn't wait till today to book it as the price has dropped by over £300 :mad: Did you get the chance to buy a wine package onboard? We've been on other Thomson cruises and got this option at the start of the week. I'm sure some alcohol will help us sleep. Were there any happy hours? Thanks for the info.

We were on our honeymoon on the IE the week before starting 17th April, I became ill with what we think is Norovirus on the Monday as we got back to Palma on the Tuesday morning. We know that there were other passengers ill on board because some of them were at the hospital in Palma when we got taken there by taxi from the ship. Guess it was already on board when you embarked on Tuesday. There was a passenger sick on the Monday night in the Theatre before the first show and someone was sick on the plane going home on Tuesday evening to Manchester. We heard that they had stopped self service in the restaurants and were even serving cups of tea by staff members. Shame because upto Monday evening we'd enjoyed the cruise and the places we'd visited.

Hi, no we didnt purchase any wine packages as we already had the all inclusive package. The staff were serving tea, cofee, cold water, juice food everything. As for happy hours? i cant remember but they were doing 2 for 1 on some cocktails. I know it is not the ships fault about the virus, if it is going to happen it will, no end of sterilisation will shift it.

Glad your back home safe and the norovirus didn't affect you too badly. Like you said not the ships fault. Unfortunate but when you get a large group of people in a relatively confined space I suppose it's hard to stop.

They gave it a good clean yesterday before letting the new passengers on so hopefully all in control now.

Thanks for the report as well :)

Yay about easy pisa we want to do that. someone else mentioned ppl being taken off early.

Its dirty ppl though. last year on destiny we were forced to use sanitiser which seemed to make ppl think it was acceptable to put their hands all over the food! Vile ppl. hope its sorted before we go 3 weeks eek.

Glad you had a good time Dave.

When we were on the IE I saw people walking past the sanitisers without using them, its these people that help things spread, its no hardship to stop and rub a blob onto your hands is it?

They were doing 2 for 1 on cocktails or sangria every day and likewise, if we hadn't have been given the drinks package we wouldn't have bothered either.

Is it me or have others found the creaking and banging (from the ship not me) therapeutic? I slept like a log every night. :D

Thank you for great review - we go in august and can't wait - also want to do Pisa so glad you enjoyed it - we only paid £49 each for AI so should get our money's worth - last time we got free AI package and our bill for the week should have been over £500 :eek:

Hi Dave

Many thanks for the great review. We go 1st time in August on the same. Trip as DeeDee. You have definitely put our minds at rest and we are looking forward to going now, although we would have gone with an open mind anyway:)

Also thanks to DeeDee for bumping the AI drinks list, looks like we will need the extra week in Palma nova to recover :D

Here's looking forward to meeting new friends and having a great time in August woo woo really excited now only 4 months to go:cool:

Cheers

Zena

Hi Dave. Thanks for that heartening review! Glad you had a good time. :D We also want to do the easy Pisa.

Do hope they get the Norovirus sorted. My daughter and I got it the first year we cruised and were confined to cabin. Poor hubby was confined also even though he was ok! We know there were many others who did not report that they were sick thus avoiding the confinement. However, that is why it spreads! :eek:

Anyhow, really looking forward to our cruise. Just 11 days!! :D

Mo.

we sail also on 15th, hope virus has gone as we are taking nippers on. I have looked everywhere for drinks list but can't find it? is cider on tap? thanks

Hi it is under the title 'drinks package'. That was what was available in 2011!

Forgot to say, the entertainments team were fantastic, the shows and the standard of costumes and singing were great, they worked really hard and put the shows together brilliantly. We watched some twice, the crew show was great aswell, totally unexpected. Both of which are definately worth a watch.

Archived