Residence Inn – Port Canaveral

Bonds73

My family and I will be staying at the Residence Inn – PC this fall, the night before we board the Disney Fantasy. Our son will only be 2 at the time and we decided not to drag his car seat with us which won’t be a problem since we will be using the Magical Express for some of our trip and we also booked a private company (who will have a car seat for us) to get us from WDW to the Residence Inn. My question is will we have any problem walking to the port in the morning? I thought my husband could jump in a cab with our luggage and my son and I could just walk so that we wouldn’t need our car seat. We will have any problem getting in the port area if we are walking and is it very far from the hotel? Also can anyone tell me what restaurants and stores (CVS or something similar) would be within walking distance from the hotel?

Any help is much appreciated.

We stay at the Residence Inn every time we sail out of Port Canaveral. It is a great hotel with a complimentary full breakfast.

You can not walk to the Port especially with a small child. In fact, there is no way that I would walk to the port. You can see the ship but you can't walk straight to it. You have to walk around the area and then back into the port. The only restaurant that is within walking distance that I can remember is a McDonalds (or something like that, fast food).

There is a CVS in Cocoa Beach but it is not within walking distance of the Residence Inn. You would turn right out of the hotel and drive several miles. It will be on a corner on the right.

We stay at the Residence Inn every time we sail out of Port Canaveral. It is a great hotel with a complimentary full breakfast.

You can not walk to the Port especially with a small child. In fact, there is no way that I would walk to the port. You can see the ship but you can't walk straight to it. You have to walk around the area and then back into the port. The only restaurant that is within walking distance that I can remember is a McDonalds (or something like that, fast food).

There is a CVS in Cocoa Beach but it is not within walking distance of the Residence Inn. You would turn right out of the hotel and drive several miles. It will be on a corner on the right.

Is there another hotel that would have more ammenities within walking distance, that way we would only have to get a cab to the port? Is the Cocoa Beach location a better location to stay?

Thanks for all your help :)

Is there another hotel that would have more ammenities within walking distance, that way we would only have to get a cab to the port? Is the Cocoa Beach location a better location to stay?

Thanks for all your help :)

Sorry.....the Residence Inn and the Country Inn & Suites next door are the two closest hotels to the port.......but there is NO WAY you can walk there. When you arrive in the area you will understand why.

Extremely busy highway with no side walks and a long distance to go. Not pedistrian friendly at all!! The police would probably stop you if you tried, it's that dangerous.

Archived