Allure balcony with bed near closet? Pics?

We had that set up recently on Allure. I think it made the cabin feel smaller. We had to squeeze by the bed to reach the desk and balcony. Also it was more difficult to get into the closet. If I had a good location I wouldn't change cabins but.... if I could choose either one I'd go with the bed by the balcony.

The room I have now is deck 11, 11558.. With the bed by the closest.. I was looking on their website, and I could get on deck 10, 10548, which would have the bed by the balcony.. The deck 11 one which I have is a little closer to the elevator, and up one more deck obviously.. Would I be doing a good thing in switching to that cabin, a little farther down the hall and 1 deck down? I'd have to call my travel agent and go through all of that to get it changed.. And the price on the royal website is a little bit more expensive than when I booked so I'm not sure if I'd have to pay the difference even though its in the same category.. Opinions?

The room I have now is deck 11, 11558.. With the bed by the closest.. I was looking on their website, and I could get on deck 10, 10548, which would have the bed by the balcony.. The deck 11 one which I have is a little closer to the elevator, and up one more deck obviously.. Would I be doing a good thing in switching to that cabin, a little farther down the hall and 1 deck down? I'd have to call my travel agent and go through all of that to get it changed.. And the price on the royal website is a little bit more expensive than when I booked so I'm not sure if I'd have to pay the difference even though its in the same category.. Opinions?

You wouldn't have to pay a difference in switching a cabin even if the price has increased as long as you are staying in the same category. With that being said I like your location and would stay put....while I personally like cabin better with the bed by the balcony i wouldn't hesitate to take a cabin with the opposite set-up if I liked the location.

On Oasis we had the bed by the closet and on Allure we had the bed by the balcony. IMHO the bed by the balcony is much better. Both my husband and I loved the set up on the Allure much better. If he is napping and I am getting ready for dinner, I don't disturb him. I come out of the bathroom and the mirror, closet and dressing area is right there. I don't have to pass the bed to get to the desk. Or squeeze by the bed to get to the closet.

We loved it and would pick that set up again. We had a Boardwalk Balcony cabin #11301

Irene

I have a D5 balcony stateroom with the bed by the closet for our Allure cruise in September. Right now I'm keeping the stateroom because it's at the front of the hump on deck 11, and the balcony is a little larger than the standard balconies. We spend a lot of time on the balcony so that was a big selling point for me.

The closet situation isn't that big a deal to us. If the prices drop for the D1, hump balcony cabins, to a rate that is reasonable to us, then we'll move. Otherwise, we're keeping our current cabin.

We had that set up recently on Allure. I think it made the cabin feel smaller. We had to squeeze by the bed to reach the desk and balcony. Also it was more difficult to get into the closet. If I had a good location I wouldn't change cabins but.... if I could choose either one I'd go with the bed by the balcony.

My feelings exactly. Altho a little less desirable, I agree if I had a great room location I wouldn't change rooms. I have this issue myself right now. I sailed a few weeks ago and we had connecting rooms - so one of each setup. Because I had both to compare at the time I think I really felt the difference more. I definitely preferred the room with the bed by the balcony. Now I have an upcoming cruise in July (which I had booked long before experiencing the beds) and the bed is by the closet. I briefly considered changing rooms but I have a farthest aft boardwalk room and quickly decided there was no way I was giving up my great location just because of the bed. For us, yes, it was tight and having the bed in the front made the room feel much smaller compared to the same size room we had next door. But that certainly didn't ruin our cruise in any way. :)

Archived