Allure balcony with bed near closet? Pics?

OMG does it really matter where a bed is? You're unconsious when you in it.

Yes it does matter alot. Not when you are in it sleeping but when you are in the cabin trying to get around or trying to get into the closet. And if you have a 3rd person in the cabin sleeping on the pull out sofa it is a HORRIBLE situation. There is just not enough room to move around, especially with 3 in the room.

I just like to hear people's opinions is all..

I've addressed this bed placement situation in other threads so I cut and pasted my thoughts here too....

Honestly, there are pros and cons to both bed arrangements. And in my opinion, non of the "cons" are bad enough to worry about. I've been in both set ups and saw no true issues with either.

I have sailed in both layouts and I actually preferred having the beds next to the closet because with the sofa next to the balcony that area seemed much larger for entertaining and being able to get in and out of the balcony was so much easier. And the photos are a bit deceiving anyway, because the beds were actually about 18" away from the closet which really isn't too bad.

I know in the photos it looks like the bed is almost bumped right up to the closet! But, in reality it really isn't! When we had our beds separated, there was about 12" between the bed and closet, but we were still able to access the closet. It was harder to get stuff from the far end of the closet, but we only put stuff there that we didn't use often anyway (formal wear, the clothing we wore to travel on the airplane, etc...)

So, anyway, I just wanted to throw that out there since so many people are worried about their cabin layout, based on how the photos make it appear so tight. Maybe this will lesson at least a few worries! ;) I'd take either layout in a heartbeat, versus NOT being on the ship!

Here are comparisons of each layout...

Bed by bath

Oasis_Ocean_Balcony_3326.JPGOasis_Boardwalk_View_3593.JPGOasis_Boardwalk_Balcony_Cabin_3198.JPG

pros:

"living" area right next to balcony makes it nice for outdoor entertaining and makes "living" area and balcony area seem like one big space.

cons:

Hard to access one side of closet.

smaller "dressing" area near bathroom/closet.

Bed by balcony

Oasis-of-the-Seas-Boardwalk-Balcony-picture-300x225.jpg

Oasis-of-the-Seas-Boardwalk-Balcony-stateroom-picture-300x225.jpg

pros:

Cabin/bathroom/dressing area feels larger.

cons:

Access to balcony feels a little cramped since you have to walk around the foot of the bed to get in and out.

Cabin/balcony feels a bit compartmentalized.

One side of closet is hard to access.

On the Oasis, we had a cabin with the bed by the closet. You could only have 1 person on that side of the room if they were attempting to get into the closet. It was myself and my hubby and my 15 year old son at the time. We literally felt like we were on top of each other. I have the 2 of us in a cabin and my son and his friend in their own cabin next year. I'm little but I like my space. Lol...:p

Ended up changing rooms.. Not only because of the bed setup but found a great aft location balcony near the aft elevators and I think most things we're interested in is aft. 12676. Anyone stayed here before? Opinions? It looks great! Anddd bed near the balcony. Lol.

Would have preferred the bed by the balcony. It was so close to the closet we couldn't even use it. We only used the 1 side that we could access and left left the luggage on the sofa (wouldn't fit under the bed either) which definitely defeated the purpose of having a sitting area.

As you can see the whole right side of the closet was empty bc it was difficult to use. I would have liked to lay the suitcase down on the closet floor but it was so heavy and we couldn't wedge it past the bed :(

248702_759386292061_44001403_37269442_7491253_n.jpg

Would have preferred the bed by the balcony. It was so close to the closet we couldn't even use it. We only used the 1 side that we could access and left left the luggage on the sofa (wouldn't fit under the bed either) which definitely defeated the purpose of having a sitting area.

As you can see the whole right side of the closet was empty bc it was difficult to use. I would have liked to lay the suitcase down on the closet floor but it was so heavy and we couldn't wedge it past the bed :(

248702_759386292061_44001403_37269442_7491253_n.jpg

Hi Heather! Thanks for the photo. Just curious because I have a 29-inch suitcase; was yours that size or larger? Only because I can usually slide my suitcase under the bed after lifting the bed frame a little bit.

Ended up changing rooms.. Not only because of the bed setup but found a great aft location balcony near the aft elevators and I think most things we're interested in is aft. 12676. Anyone stayed here before? Opinions? It looks great! Anddd bed near the balcony. Lol.

I stayed in 7676 on Allure (exact same location as you but on deck 7) and it was absolutely PERFECT for ease of access to most venues! You should have almost the same ease. For us it was a quick flight up or down the stairs and we were at the entrances to Central Park, Royal Promenade, and Boardwalk. You may need to ride the elevater to get to those things if you don't want to do the stairs. But, YOU will be just a quick flight up the stairs to get to the outdoor decks! ;) I think you will enjoy your location!

I stayed in 7676 on Allure (exact same location as you but on deck 7) and it was absolutely PERFECT for ease of access to most venues! You should have almost the same ease. For us it was a quick flight up or down the stairs and we were at the entrances to Central Park, Royal Promenade, and Boardwalk. You may need to ride the elevater to get to those things if you don't want to do the stairs. But, YOU will be just a quick flight up the stairs to get to the outdoor decks! ;) I think you will enjoy your location!

That's what I was thinking.. We're usually poolside and that's a quick flight of stairs. The only thing forward we'll be at much is the show room, and the solarium here and there. I like the elevator being right there for us. And up nice and high so we can overlook any other ships in port with us :)

Archived