Cancelation of tour

Thomson have just sent me an email today to cancel a booked tour.

Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque & Grand Bazaar.

I am sailing on the 7th May so must wait untill I am on board to book other trips.

The reason given is it is due to quality issues they have encountered on this tour.

This was one of my highlights of Istanbul, but if there are issues then I would rather miss it than complain after a bad trip..

Ronnie

I am sailing on the 7th May so must wait untill I am on board to book other trips.

The reason given is it is due to quality issues they have encountered on this tour.

This was one of my highlights of Istanbul, but if there are issues then I would rather miss it than complain after a bad trip..

Ronnie

I'm very surprised that they have decided not to operate this excursion. Went on this one a couple of years ago and was excellent! Was great to be able to see, in my opinion, the three best sites in Istanbul. Everyone seem to be in agreement that it was a good trip, so I'm very surprised to hear that it has been cancelled because of quality issues.

I see on their website they have now changed to excursions to a 'Topkapi Palace and Grand Bazaar' excursion and a separate 'Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia & Spice Market'. Don't know why the decision though to change them. Must want the excursions to be slightly different.

Ronnie

Are you able to tackle this as a DiY? It really is easy and quite doable yourself in a day. if you want some info on doing this independently i'll happily post back with details.

I am on 4th June cruise and going to Istanbul on 6th June and have booked a private tour of Istanbul for £ 52 pp for a 4 person tour with city of sultans, Picks up the same places as Thomson tour. Try the website and see what you think.

Hope this helps

Thanks all

I will wait untill I am on board then make my mind up.

If by that time I can be bothered to put the drink down, get of the sunbed and book a trip.

Ronnie

Istanbul is very easy to get around interdependently. The monorail stops at all the main places, I am not sure where your ship is docking, but when we docked 2 years ago, the monorail was right outside the port gates .

Archived