Left something onboard...kudos to NCL

alex12_3

Sailed on the Dawn March 28-April 8. I brought my laptop with me, and I always carry a second, bigger battery with it. Well...I unpacked my laptop backpack to use on shore excursions...laptop, charger, mouse, internet card, spare battery...all the fixins. Guess what didn't make it back into my backpack at the end of the cruise :o

I went looking for the battery the other day and found it wasn't in my backpack. I thought maybe I had packed it in our luggage...which I still haven't unpacked, almost a month after returning :D

I got a call this morning from Michelle at Norwegian guest relations. Turns out I left the battery exactly where I'd unpacked it at. Someone must have found it and turned it in, then NCL's employees were nice enough to track down who'd been in the cabin. I was very surprised that NCL is actually proactive in contacting passengers about things they MIGHT have left behind...by the time I'd figured it out myself, it probably would have been too late. In the end, my $180 laptop battery is on the way back to me for only the shipping cost of $10.

Many thanks to Michelle and everyone else at NCL who helps silly people like me get their things back.

I left a few items in the bed once. I called NCL's lost n found and was told to call back the following week when the ship and the items returned. I informed her I had left keys, sunglasses and a few other small items. Well they mailed me a small box with the lost items along with the binoculars I had forgotten all about. Guess it all got caught up in the messed up comforter.

The Yatzee game never made it back but that was left elsewhere in another room so might have been overlooked by steward and next cruisers got it.

NCL ROCKS!!!

That is awesome. We some times hear great stories on here like that but most of the time you will hear people saying they left something and NCL seems to have let it "disappear".

That is just great you were able to get it back. Kudos to NCL! :):)

Archived