Final price drop questions...please help!

So we are booked on a 5 night out of Port Canaveral 7/21....however i would love to do the 7 night on the dream out of the same port on the same day IF the price hits our magic number.....so my question is....is there a day that prices begin to come down more than a few bucks to fill the empty rooms???

I may be mistaken, but I don't think you'll be able to do what you are asking.

If I understand correctly

1) You are currently booked on a 5 day cruise out of Port Canaveral

2) You would like to move to a different ship sailing a 7 day cruise out of PC on same day.

3) This is all dependant on the price dropping for the 7 day cruise.

I don't think this can happen.

1) You would have to cancel the 5 day cruise before you could book the 7 day cruise.

2) Cancellation fees would eat up all your money

3) You can't just transfer money from one booking to another at such late notice.

Once you pass final payment date for the 5 day (forget .. 60 or 75 days out from the sail date), standard cancellation penalties kick in.

If you booked ES in addition you would lose money now to change.

For all the reasons listed above, I don't see this happening. Your only hope would be if the 7-Day is substantially more $$$ than the 5-day they might conceivably cut you some slack for the added revenue - when the time comes you'll have to call your booking agent and inquire. ken

I called Carnival this morning and asked them and they said if i did switch i would only pay a $100 admin fee....

The Booking Confirmation now does indicate "a $50pp administrative fee for changes after Final Payment" altho this might be a liberal interpretation; If your 7-day cruise does drop and you call-in to make the switch, make sure the agent "agrees" to this, before you let them Cancel and Re-Book! Ken

I called Carnival this morning and asked them and they said if i did switch i would only pay a $100 admin fee....

they might mean NOW its that price, before final payment.

Did you specifically ask about after final payment?

July is peak demand for summer cruises with school out and parents getting vacation time. I'd think you have little chance of seeing a 7 day cruise hitting your price point. However, its a great time to start planning for the following summer.

July is peak demand for summer cruises with school out and parents getting vacation time. I'd think you have little chance of seeing a 7 day cruise hitting your price point. However, its a great time to start planning for the following summer.

I know! :( Im trying to justify the extra $$$ for 2 days more....just not sure I can. We typically do not plan our vacations out more than a few months...my husband is a bodybuilder and its hard to predict when he will be competeting/dieting...and my daughter rides horses and summer begins show season so we need to plan around those and her camp.

I would be willing to wait until August if the price were better...but right now July is cheaper.

We typically do not plan our vacations out more than a few months...my husband is a bodybuilder and its hard to predict when he will be competeting/dieting...

Is he good enough to compete in the Arnold Classic here in Columbus? We did the Halloween Inspiration 5 day and got a great rate for Valor the first week of Dec. booking a year in advance. You can get the best deals on a 7 day in Spring or Fall if your kid can afford to miss school. Best of luck with all your plans.

We live in Columbus too! (Does it say that somewhere??? Lol) He could compete in the amature division of the Arnold, but no he is no where near a Branch Warron! :) He does it as a hobby but has great love and dedication for it!

We took our girls out of school this year to go to Disney and I really regretted it because for the rest of the year I was trying to make them not miss school...but when they are sick you cant help it! They ended up missing more than i would have liked.

Well i did tell her specifically after the 60 day mark....but i will call again and ask at day 50-something. We are at like 77 right now.

Actually, just ask them if you cancel once past the Final Payment Deadline (the Cancellation Penalty Period). Keep us posted! ken

Archived