Getting very frustrated with MTD reservations!!

I am getting soooo annoyed with the MTD reservation system in my pre-cruise planner!

I have tried like 20 times in the last 2 weeks to book a dining time for the group I'm travelling with. It let me get through the whole process, I pick the time thn press continue and it states "pre-cruise planner is currently unavailable. We are working to fix this problem right away so come back soon"

Anyone have any tips or me?

Sorry for the ran but it is so frustrating.

If you're trying to book a very popular time, you may have to wait until you're onboard....or it simply could be a weekend thing....RCI has [I]major[/I] problems on weekends! Wait until Monday!

[quote name='sarah85']I am getting soooo annoyed with the MTD reservation system in my pre-cruise planner!

I have tried like 20 times in the last 2 weeks to book a dining time for the group I'm travelling with. It let me get through the whole process, I pick the time thn press continue and it states "pre-cruise planner is currently unavailable. We are working to fix this problem right away so come back soon"

Sorry for the ran but it is so frustrating.[/quote]
Try calling Royal and have one of their customer service folks make the MTD reservation for you. The website is very problematic quite often.

I ran into the very same thing on a recent cruise - in my case it turns out it was because I was using Mozilla Firefox as my browser - after an hour of frustrated efforts I logged in using Microsoft Explorer and made the reservations with no problems. The browser gives me the same trouble when trying to view panoramas of staterooms...

Instead of getting frustrated, you could try calling. Their number is listed right on the right hand side of the page.

Also, if you are not already doing so, use Internet Explorer for their Pre-Cruise Planner.

Jellyfish is spot on. The Royal site misbehaves for browsers other than Internet Explorer. I bet the OP is using a different browser. Try IE and see if it works for you.

[quote name='sarah85']I am getting soooo annoyed with the MTD reservation system in my pre-cruise planner!

Sorry for the ran but it is so frustrating.[/quote]

This keeps happening to me, but i don't even get as far as you. Typical RCL website issues. I have booked everything that i need to, but it has taken longer than i thought!
Good Luck!

Archived