Review: Liberty April 14 - 21, 2012

[QUOTE]Did you attend the fun farewell party - last night @ 5 pm with free drinks and entertainment? I know it is not well advertised so usually not that well attended!![/QUOTE]

No, we didn't attend. I had it hi-lited in the FunTimes, but forgot to attend. I'll try to remember to go on our next cruise.

Thanks for the review. We have thought about going on Carnival Liberty but haven't booked it yet.

One thing I noticed, you and my DH have one thing in common. Both of you have never met a camera that you didn't like, lol. I am more like your DH in that at times I go along with him, but more likely I will take his pic and he's happy.

It sounds as though you had a great time and as you did, we love Grand Turk. Even if we don't book Liberty, I would like to cruise on a ship that goes there.

[QUOTE]Thanks for the review. We have thought about going on Carnival Liberty but haven't booked it yet.

One thing I noticed, you and my DH have one thing in common. Both of you have never met a camera that you didn't like, lol. I am more like your DH in that at times I go along with him, but more likely I will take his pic and he's happy.

It sounds as though you had a great time and as you did, we love Grand Turk. Even if we don't book Liberty, I would like to cruise on a ship that goes there.[/QUOTE]

lol, I love pictures. I have this theory that I'm going to be 100 years old, living in a nursing home and everyone I love is dead. Therefore, I want to be able to surround myself with memories. Crazy, I know.

I've turned my son into a huge ham from all of the photo's I've taken of him over the years, and he will be 20 years old this month.

I so want to go back to Grand Turk. If only to lay in those chairs under the palm trees, sipping margarita's and reading a great book.

I did enjoy the Liberty, but I want to try out the other ships. So I don't plan on sailing on the Liberty anytime soon.

Whatever ship you choose, I know you will have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
Really enjoyed your review and pictures. Our first cruise were these ports (and Half Moon Cay). Brought back many memories. Also it seems to me that I have read somewhere here on CC that you could have went to the Maitri D and asked to changed tables so that you could have been with table mates???

[QUOTE]Really enjoyed your review and pictures. Our first cruise were these ports (and Half Moon Cay). Brought back many memories. Also it seems to me that I have read somewhere here on CC that you could have went to the Maitri D and asked to changed tables so that you could have been with table mates???[/QUOTE]

If we get stuck by ourselves on the next cruise, I believe I will go to the Maitre d. ;)

[quote name='hygienist999']Day 4 - St. Thomas

After breakfast we took a few photo's of St. Thomas from the deck of the ship and the Serenity area was finally open.
[IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n579/hygienist999/IMG_3962.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n579/hygienist999/IMG_3972.jpg[/IMG]

A lot of people went to the Red Frog.
[IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n579/hygienist999/IMG_3956.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n579/hygienist999/IMG_3945.jpg[/IMG]

We made our way to Deck 1 so we could get off the ship and meet our tour. All of our excursions were thru Carnival and we really enjoyed them.

The Carnival photographers were hard at work while everyone got off the ship. I was surprised at the amount of people who did not want to have their photo taken.
[IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n579/hygienist999/cruise11.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n579/hygienist999/cruise8.jpg[/IMG][/quote]
I love your dress! where did you get it? Great review & Pics!

[quote name='hygienist999']If we get stuck by ourselves on the next cruise, I believe I will go to the Maitre d. ;)[/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkgreen]Good idea is to go and check out your table shortly after you get onboard. The Maitre d is usually available at that time to make any changes, if possible.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006400][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006400]I can't believe you disliked most of the desserts!!??[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4][COLOR=#006400]Did you have the creme brulee? bitter blanc? cappuccino pie?? Our server on my last cruise brought us a WCMC along with the cappuccino pie - now, that was good!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE]Good idea is to go and check out your table shortly after you get onboard. The Maitre d is usually available at that time to make any changes, if possible.

I can't believe you disliked most of the desserts!!??
Did you have the creme brulee? bitter blanc? cappuccino pie?? Our server on my last cruise brought us a WCMC along with the cappuccino pie - now, that was good!!![/QUOTE]

My husband and I are going on the Valor this November with my parents, and my brother and his wife. So I will go to the Maitre d when we board to make sure we are all sitting together.

I never saw the bitter blanc on the menu so not sure what that is. I did get two desserts with each meal and I did not like anything but the WCMC. I don't like coffee, so the cappuccino thing wouldn't work. I love cheese cake but I could not eat the cheese cake they had. I'm from the south, so you know we like everything sweet. lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived