Just of the Explorer

Can you tell me the location mid-day on the 2nd nite. We're presently booked on the AOS for next Feb. and due to the high fare to San Juan, I'm considering the EOS for the same period.

While the Explorer is our home away from home so to speak, we did a b2b on adventure this past feb and the first week was Super Bowl weekend. this coming feb doing b2b again but feb 17 and 24. airfare is coming down. 454 nonstop out of phillie and it was over 550 three weeks ago. the same old ports that the explorer goes to gets old and in feb they are doing 7 night runs to bahamas. it isn't exciting. they need to bring back the 11 and 12 night ultimate southern caribbean runs. so we bit the bullet in airfare this year and did the adventure. we were not sorry....the most awesome cruise we have ever had. we came home and switched our allure and independence trips to these two weeks. also factor in the cost ....is airfare that high? for example....take the balcony per person and then add the air....look at same category on adventure and add air.....is there that much difference? it was still cheaper than explorer for us last year. the cost for e1 balcony on two weeks of adventure...not including air was cheaper than 9 night on explorer for ONE person. this was our experience this year and for next year. the explorer sails full...people don't have to fly. i know as i have been on her many many times. but now trying to explore other islands we haven't been to and we fell in love with many others while on adventure. crew is excellent also. if cost and time are factors....explorer is excellent choice. we have crew that are like family to us on there and several on adventure are from our explorer too.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Going on Explorer on June 7 - Do you remember the cost of a beer and a soda? We are 17 and looking at a few options with packages. Thanks.

17 people? Or 17 years of age. Back in the day you could drink at sea if not yet of legal age. I know we all did, and it was accepted, but now they do not let you unless you are 21. Unless I'm told, you are on a European cruise. I think they make some concessions for minors traveling with adults.

The other answer is pretty expensive! Since I don't have that info, I would suggest going to the search engine and look up "soda package" and "cost of beer". Several member's here have posted recent pricing for those packages.

Did you, or anyone recently on the EOS, have MTD?? And if so, who was your server?

we had this Woman last year, from Hungary or one of the surrounding countries, and she was the best server we have ever had.

I don't normally care too much who the server is, but she was very personable, and funny too. Would share stories about her boyfriend(s), what she did in port that day,,,always funny and entertaining.

We would really look forward to seeing her again. I know she has a big fan club too. There was a table of 8 last year that on the first evening all wore t-shirts with her image on it.

How many formal nights did you have on your sailing and how many days in total was it?

MARAPRINCE

We sailed on a nine day cruise in April. We had 3 count them three formal nights to everyone's surprise.

love the table with the t-shirts. Server must be wonderful!

Her claim to fame is that she considers herself "Clumsy" and is prone to tripping and falling down for no good reason.

But she works on a cruise line so she has tripped and fell and injured a body part in just about every port around the world.

Have a conversation with her, mention a port, say Bermuda..and she will stop you and tell you that was where she fell and broke her little finger and the paramedics had to bring her back to the ship......etc, etc. She will have you laughing your whole dinner.

I'm surprised she does not get into trouble...she just talks and

talks and talks...

Archived